You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Does Spectrum offer cellular signal boosters?

Options
TomUpNorth
TomUpNorth Posts: 32 Contributor
edited September 2023 in Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present

Our home has poor cell service, and we use Wi-Fi Calling at home. Our problem is that our iPhone 8's battery continues to be drained as each one tries constantly to seek-out the cell tower. This can be avoided by putting the phones into Airplane mode, but then when we leave the house we have to remember to turn-off Airplane mode cuz of course we'll not be able to receive calls.

Does Spectrum have any advice or knowledge about Signal Boosters for the home? Would tech support be able to offer these? Or since Spectrum uses Verizon towers, we'd have to get Verizon approval for such???

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 393 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @TomUpNorth

Thank you for reaching out to us about extending your mobile signal within your home. We do offer our wireless access called Advanced Wireless This will provide better WiFi coverage throughout your home and may help with your mobile signal strength. . We do not offer a cellular signal booster. If you are interested in learning more about our Advanced Wireless please give us a call at  1-855-707-7328​​​ from 7 AM to 11 PM daily. -Lyn

• TomUpNorth
    Options

If I were to acquire a 3rd party booster, how would I go about registering it with Spectrum Mobile?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

While Spectrum Mobile is on the verizon network, I do not believe Verizon boosters will work with our mobile devices. @TomUpNorth

• TomUpNorth
    Options

Well can someone please find out??? I do not want to switch-back to AT&T but I will, unless I can fix this problem.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

VZW is required to have established the ways and means for you to get the thing registered with them, either directly, or indirectly via Spectrum Mobile. So get ahold of VZW and find out how they need you to get it done. 

🔗https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau-divisions/mobility-division/signal-boosters/consumer-signal-boosters

• TomUpNorth
    Options

Thanks HT_Greenfield, that information is helpful, though it does appear that without an account with VZW it will be nontrivial at best to get someone's attention to this.

Very disappointing that Spectrum's people here are unwilling or unable to give me direction.

This discussion has been closed.