You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

TV: Initial "ON" now always goes to channel 1. aka. Spectrum News.

Options
GMACK
GMACK Posts: 1 Newcomer

20230823 @ ~1255 ....

Very recently, my TV power-on actions, result in a initialization @ channel 1(Spectrum News).

Is there a way to stop this, and simply return to the TV channel in use when the TV was powered off?

I know, "But it's such a simple action to just re-enter the channel wanted or, simply use the BACK key to return to the last watched channel". But, why was it changed to always supply channel 1?

Maybe, not everyone wants to make that initial correction !

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,318 Contributor
    Options

Hi @Gmack and Welcome to the Forums!

Most of the new guides have a feature called "Power on Channel" in Settings. You should be able to go to that setting and change that setting to "Last Channel Viewed." Sometimes updates to the guide revert the channel power-on back to "Spectrum News and Weather" Channel 1.

Unfortuntely, if you are running the I-Guide software, this feature can not be changed. To check the guide you have, Google Search, "What guide do I have?", Spectrum. One of the first results will be a page where you can enter your street address and see the guides that are in your area. Each guide has its own tutorials. They will guide you through the process of changing your "Power on" channel setting.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.