You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Using and HDMI Splitter with a Spectrum 210

Options
Zippy_1
Zippy_1 Posts: 3 Spectator

For years I used a Spectrum Cable box that had two outputs 1) HDMI 2) Component Video. The HDMI ran to a Panasonic TH-42PZ80U in the house and the Component Video to another TV on the porch (many different TVs have been out there, currently it is Samsung Smart TV). The TVs always ran the same programs (usually football or baseball games). Unfortunately when my cable box died of old age Spectrum said they no longer have cable boxes with the Component video outputs or any boxes with 2 HDMI outputs. They gave a Spectrum 210 box and the rep at the store said I could use a splitter box to send the same signal to both TVs and I would have to replace the Component Video cable with a HDMI cable (a fun crawl through the attic in Florida's summer😂

).

So I trudged off to Best Buy and purchased a Rocketfish 2-output HDMI splitter. To test it before I did the big attic crawl I ran a brand new High Speed Monster HDMI cable from the Spectrum cable box to the splitter. I then connected the Panasonic TV to the splitter output (I tried both) using the cable that I have been using for 10 to 15 years on the TV. I turned everything on and the only thing I get is a message on the Panasonic TV that says "Unable to Play Video. We are sorry, something isn't working right. If your TV is HDCP-capable try the following: ... basically reboot everything or get a newer HDMI cable." I checked and the TV is HDCP compliant and the cable is about as new as you can get.

Anyone ever used an HDMI splitter to route the same signal from the cable box to two TV and can provide suggestions?

Thanks

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

🔗https://www.rocketfishproducts.com/pdp/RF-G1603/5986903 :

↳ Support & Downloads : ↳ Documentation : ↳ ⤓ Quick Setup Guide :

Edit: It's all about splitting the HDMI out to one display device and one audio device, not to mention what it says about HDMI cable length > 20 feet. If there's a way to pull that off with some kind of a hifalutin A/V home theater box instead of a plain old splitter, hopefully somebody else chips in with what they know about that and hopefully the cable length limitation isn't a deal-breaker.

• Zippy_1
    Options

I am not sure what you are saying about splitting the HDMI to one display and one audio, the graphic on the instructions shows that the device is designed to split to two different displays, as well as to a display and audio device. I was not able to get it to work with a single display device using a 3 foot high speed cable.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

My bad. I stand corrected. I'm a moron. Everybody please ignore my previous comment and please help Zippy get this figured out if you can.

• Zippy_1
    Options

Don’t sweat it, if I was so damned smart I would have figured this out by myself🤪!

This discussion has been closed.