You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Frequent Outages Spectrum Internet

TRK
TRK Posts: 3 Spectator

I'm facing very Frequent Outages in my Spectrum Internet. At-least 2 to 3 outages per day. Few are notified long outage, and many short outages. But calling the customer support is not helpful at all. I always get same response, technical team working on it. It will be resolved soon. But when i mention about the frequent outages, and there is no solution for it.

In my apartment community, only spectrum is available.

I work mostly in home office, with these frequent and long outages.

And my neighbors in the community also facing the same issue.

Called customer care multiple time.

I'm not sure how to handle this. And how to resolve this issue permanently. Any advise / suggestions would help a lot.

Best Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 525 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @TRK and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about the concerns you have noticed with your Internet. I am very sorry this is impacting your work day. I was able to locate your account with your registration information. I do not believe this is an area concern that you are noticing but rather an individual concern. I am seeing the drops in signal with your modem. This type of signal concern will need to be addressed by a home visit. Would you like to set this up? -Lyn

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,026 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

The issue you are seeing requires a service call from a technician to resolve. If you change your mind, let us know.

Answers

• TRK

I'm pretty sure this issue is not specific to my line alone. When ever I face the outage, my neighbors in my apartment community also faces the outage. We have noticed that during multiple outages in the last two months.

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 175 Contributor
    edited September 2023

Someone will need to call in for a tech to come on site though to get the ball rolling.

They have to go through a process from the bottom of the stack up. Verify things are good at the customer premises, then escalate to higher teams as necessary to work their way back towards the cable plant.

But not much is likely to happen until someone calls in to have that first tech visit.

• TRK

Technician visited couple of days back. But still the issue persist. So scheduled for another technician visit. Hopefully in the next visit the issue will be resolved.

Thanks everyone for the helpful inputs.

This discussion has been closed.