You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cable Box updating Firmware almost daily, why?

Options
Rox33anne
Rox33anne Posts: 3 Spectator

Almost everyday our box is updating Firmware and I don't know why. The worst part is, it does it as we are watching it. Is there a way for this to update at a later time? Like while we are sleeping and not nearing the end of a movie? Or is there something wrong with our box? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Rox33anne, welcome to our community!

Firmware updates should happen only on rare occasion. It does seem likely there is a problem with the cable receiver that is causing it to fail. Rebooting the receiver by removing the power cord for 30 seconds before plugging it back in might help, but if not you should exchange the receiver at a Spectrum store or contact us to schedule an appointment with a technician.

• TBDevilRay
    TBDevilRay Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Where do we see what updates are being made with the recent firmware automatic updates?

• Rox33anne
    Options

It's a new box, and now it is starting on another new box we have in the house. I don't get why all the firmware updates. I will try and power off the box and power back on and see if that helps. But since another new box, in my house, is doing the same thing I don't see how this will help. But I will try.

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 371 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

@Rox33anne

If replacing the box did not help the issue, it seems it would be best to schedule a tech visit to have the matter further investigated.

• Rox33anne
    Options

Hi Jaleesa, it was not that I traded out the boxes because of the firmware problem. I traded in old boxes and then about 2 months later the firmware started on the new boxes for some reason, and the updates are almost every day and right when you are watching something. All was fine on the old boxes, but the new boxes just keep updating firmware for some reason. I did not change out the new ones for anything, I have only had them for 2 or 3 months now and they replaced really old boxes we had.

This discussion has been closed.