You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum App blurry on all platforms

Kahrensjr
Kahrensjr Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have a somewhat high latency wireless link back to my Spectrum network. Which i can't do anything about the latency because that is another serviice provider. Every other streaming app over the network works just fine and clear, except the Spectrum App, which is blurry on any platform or device. The App just doesn't seem to be tolerant of higher latencies introduced by wireless links and it is just the app because everything else works just fine. It used to be ok but a recent App update seemed to change everything. My latency varies on the wireless link between 80-130ms and I think I can get that down with the service provider to fine tune the link but I am reporting this because every other streaming still seems to tolerate it just fine.

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,240 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kahrensjr, welcome to our community!

Since the Spectrum TV app can't load content in advance to use during times of buffering it can be more sensitive to signal fluctuation, but 80-130ms latency shouldn't really cause issues as long as your speeds are consistent. Have you run speed tests to check that? Are the menus blurry as well, or just the actual shows? Does it seem low resolution or blurred in another way?

This discussion has been closed.