You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why do some channels keep displaying "Channel currently unavailable"?

Options
deedleann824
deedleann824 Posts: 108 Contributor

But if I go to another channel and then back to that one, it's okay. STORY channel shows this about every 2 to 3 hours. It's so annoying. My cable box is Cisco 4742 HDC and it's not on power save mode.

Best Answer

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,322 Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good afternoon, @deedleann824

The channels lost in the new Disney deal are still in everyone's guide because Garcenote/Neilson, the company that does the guide listings for Spectrum has not yet removed them from the guides.

Satch

Answers

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 84 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I’m sorry for this inconvenience. This is something that is happening every time that you change to this channel?

• deedleann824
    Options

Yes. Some channels, mainly local ones, don't do this, but I noticed it on Story, FXX and Comedy Central.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,322 Contributor
    Options

Good afternoon @deedleann824,

I would suggest rebooting your cable box. If that does not solve the issue, or it comes back, "Channel Not Available" could be a signal issue or a line issue, If the problem is not resolved, you would need to set up a signal and drop line test for those channels by scheduling an appointment with a service technician.

When the tech comes, you will need to let him/her know that you rebooted and it didn't fix this, Than, have him/her tune to Story TV, FXX, and Comedy Central, to get a signal reading for those channels. If the signal levels are bad, a box swap won't fix this! The tech will use his/her meter to determine the quality of the signal coming through on those channels. If the reboot does not fix this, the only way to get this resolved is to set up a service call.

Satch

• deedleann824
    Options

I also wanted to know why Freeform, FXX and FXM are listed in my channel guide when they aren't available in my service tier? The Science Channel and TCM aren't listed because I don't have access to them in my plan.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 726 Contributor
    Options

It sounds like the guide settings on your box are set to display only subscribed channels while the Disney channels that have recently been cut will continue to carry the announcement for subscriber informance for who knows how long.

This discussion has been closed.