You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Where do I report scam email claiming to be from Charter?

Options
mrh1970
mrh1970 Posts: 1 Newcomer

This is for my elderly mother, who has been targeted for scams for years. She recently received an email from a Gmail account, claiming to be from Charter, obviously not true. They are saying they will shut down her Charter email account, per her request, unless she calls their fake business number listed in the email.

I have already assured her that this isn't legit, and explained to her why. I am asking here if there is a specific way I can report this to Spectrum, and also to warn others of this scam. She forwarded the full message to me from her account, so I could report it.

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,744 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, cyber criminals are constantly looking for opportunities and often target older individuals. Let her know that if there is ever a future question, to first check her account online (or call in to customer support) for any notifications or changes.

Customers who suspect a message is a scam should trust their intuition and report the crime to local authorities. You can find additional info about different types of scams at USA.gov. We encourage you to tell friends and family about the risks of common scams, and revisit this site periodically to check for updates and warnings to protect you and those you care about.

For more tips and known scams, please see this link: Scam and Fraud Alerts

This discussion has been closed.