Anyone else having issues with Xumo box malfunctioning?

Options
BDay59
BDay59 Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited February 16 in Community Archive

I received my Xumo box free after changing my plan Friday 10/27/23. I was busy so I waited until Saturday evening 10/28/23 to connect and setup my Xumo box. I plugged the power cable in and the HDMI cord. Switched the tv source to the box, then powered on the box. Language selection was the first thing that popped up and immediately my tv lost picture and developed vertical white lines. Did everything under the sun to try and reset the tv. Less than two years old now I have to replace it. Contacted Xumo they were no help redirected me to Spectrum after telling me to connect the Xumo to another tv. I was very reluctant on doing so, but I connected to an older smart tv. The Xumo worked on that one for about 5 mins into the setup process then froze soon after powered itself off. I got it come on to finish the setup.

Moving on to setting up my spectrum app it for for about 20 mins. Then never provided and login screen. Come to find out I have to have a spectrum wifi router for it to work. I just returned mine Friday because it was sitting on a shelf costing me $5 a month. Removed the router due to interference with other electronics. Now I use Deco routers.

After Spectrum tv not working I signed into my Paramount plus. The app was very laggy and kept closing. When it would work I would watch a couple episodes of Blue Bloods then the app would close or the app would engage the narrator accessibility option automatically. I would check that setting on my Xumo and tv to only find it was still turned off. I even record the narration on the setting screens. Also if I didn’t watch a full episode it would start the episode all over again like I never watched it.

Needless to say I took Xumo back to Spectrum. Called billing and turned in a Damage Claim for my tv. I’m not sure why my Xumo was having so many issues. Hopefully Spectrum gets to the bottom of it and replaces my damaged equipment. If not I’ll be shopping for a different provider.

Tagged:

Answers

• Ruben_R
    Ruben_R Posts: 84 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience. I see here that the Damage Claims Department is working the claim. You can contact the Damage Claims Department for updates by calling 877-214-8511 or emailing DamageAssessment@charter.com.

This discussion has been closed.