You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

We are having trouble with our new Xumo box.

Options
Lagreca
Lagreca Posts: 3 Spectator

We recently got a Xumo box. After we use it for a while, it starts sputtering. I have called spectrum several times to reset etc.. So, they sent a technician out. The tech decided to replace the box. Since we are buying the box, Spectrum will not replace. They told me that I have to call the Xumo company. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 684 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

I apologize for the confusion. When Xumo boxes are purchased outright, they can be exchanged in a Spectrum store within the first 30 days. After the 30 days, any warranty or replacement issues would need to be handled by the Xumo site chat. We do still support the devices and handle troubleshooting, etc, but Xumo would handle the warranty issues. If the box is purchased in installments or leased, then exchanges can be done in store anytime until the device is paid off.

Answers

• NanaTC
    NanaTC Posts: 44 Contributor
    Options

I believe it has something to do with the Xumo getting hot after its used for awhile. My TV stays on at least 14 hours a day. The picture will start getting blurry looking after about 10 hours with the Xumo. Leave the Roku on for 14 or 16 hours and the picture never gets blurry.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Lagreca, welcome to our community!

Can you elaborate what you mean by 'sputtering', and how long can you use your Xumo before it starts? Does rebooting help even temporarily? Have you tried factory resetting it? Overheating is possible but unlikely unless it has other electronics venting heat onto it, and rebooting probably wouldn't to help only just waiting.

• Lagreca
    Options

Hi William,

Well, sputtering, like flashing on and off. Sometimes it will do this after only an hour or so. Last night I turned it off for around 10 minutes and then turned it back on and it was okay. I have rebooted it and changed the HDMI cable. It is better after rebooting of course because it probably has cooled down. As far as venting, the Xumo box is in the same spot my cable box was for many years.

Thanks

• Lagreca
    Options

So, this is getting frustrating. I understand that Zumo is new for you guys, but my issue needs to be resolved. A Spectrum technician came out on Monday. He recommended that we replace the box. Since we are purchasing the box, he told me that I needed to call the manufacturer. He gave me a phone number to call 888-935-8880. I called that number and they texted me with a case number and a call back number. I called them back today and they are a company called Hisense. They said that they do not make the Zumo boxes. I just called Spectrum again and was told that the Hisense representative is correct. I was told that the only way to deal with this is via chat, https://www.xumo.com/support/troubleshooting. The person on the chat is telling me that I need to call Spectrum. He then gave me a link to https://www.spectrum.net/page/xumo-stream-box/?launchIVA=true&iva_intent=XUMOTV&cid=xutv_iva_xumochat_1023 This link is for setting up your box. My box is set up. I called Spectrum back and they said the same. . . The rep told me that I can bring it in to Spectrum for a money back guarantee and get a new box since it is within 30 days. After 30 days, I can ONLY deal with the chat regarding any issues. Anyway, I'll try bringing the box in to a store. . .. This is a really bad way to roll out a new product.

This discussion has been closed.