You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Xumo Guide - Info Unavailable

Options
MRoberts
MRoberts Posts: 16 Participant

We have random issue of guide saying Info Unavailable for 1-2 hour block at a time. Re-booted Xumo, refreshed apps on Xumo, signed off an on to Spectrum app. Maybe related to latest update on 11/20/23.

Current version we have of spectrum app is v31.4.1, date 11/20/23.

Anyone else with this issue?

Thanks!

Mike

Tagged:

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 403 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good evening @MRoberts and Welcome to our Community Forums,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the guide and the Xumo box. I am sorry that this is happening. I have checked and we do not have any known issues with the guide not working correctly. Have you checked to see if this is happening on any other device or is this just the Xumo box? I also recommend resetting your modem. This can be done by unplugging the cable line, power line, and removing the battery backup if you have one for both the modem and the router for a solid 3-5 minutes.  -Ly

• MRoberts
    Options

Thanks! Re-set modem, no change. We also have a Roku device and no issue. Both connected to same Wifi network. Yes it is an odd one. :)

• Wester
    Wester Posts: 12 Participant
    Options

We have the exact same issue. Rebooting, factory resetting, using ethernet connection all provide only temporary correction to the missing guide info. Our Roku, located at the far end of the house from our Spectrum router has no issue. My Ipad shows the full guide info. Only the Xumo has this recurring problem. I really like the Xumo outside of this ongoing problem.

• MRoberts
    Options

Thanks @Wester, I guess good to hear issue is just not on my end - maybe a fix will happen at some point.

• Wester
    Options

You’re welcome MRoberts. Hopefully the Guide issue will be acknowledged and corrected (app update?) as I really like the Xumo.

• MRoberts
    Options

Hello @Lyn_T any thoughts on the above?

Thanks!

Mike

• Lyn_T
    Options

Hi there! @MRoberts I will be investigating this further to see if there is something else we can try or escalating this to our engineers for further investigation. -Lyn

• Lyn_T
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello! @MRoberts

I have a couple of follow up questions. Is this happening for all channels on the guide or just one? Does the information pick up after the 2 hour block of missing information or is the information missing after that point as well? Can you provide me with picture of what you are seeing? -Lyn

• MRoberts
    Options

It is generally random roughly 1-2 hour blocks. Some channels have info others not. There is Info before and after the slots with 'Info Unavailable' showing. I attached photo.

Thanks!

Mike

• Wester
    Options

That is exactly what I am seeing also.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,744 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Thanks. Does the issue resolve after restarting the modem, even if for a short time? Also, are you seeing any error codes when you try to access the guide?

• MRoberts
    Options

No changes after modem restart, or any other restarts. No error codes are shown.

• James_M
    Options

I will pass this information on to our app team for further investigation. I will provide updates as they become available and will reply here if additional information is needed.

Thanks again!

• Wester
    Options

hi /Lyn_T, some new info: 1) if I select Home on the Xumo remote and move down and select Guide, all Spectrum tv listings show with complete info, 2) however, if I enter the Spectrum Tv app directly and bring up the guide, It still shows chunks of “info unavailable”. This would seem to indicate that the router/wifi is conveying the data and the Xumo is receiving it, but that the Spectrum app is at fault. Just a guess.

• James_M
    Options

Does restarting the modem / router still restore the guide, as reported earlier?

• Wester
    Options

Yes, unplugging/plugging in the Xumo does temporarily fix it. However, within a couple of hours the blocks of time showing “info unavailable” is back.

• Headhunter
    Headhunter Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Today had Spectrum out. Replaced all devices from modem to wifi router … had replaced xumo device on Monday … no different. Says they can’t fix it! So what to do? I love xumo but can’t stand this error and losing listing so I know what’s on or it logging so I can flip back and forth! (Won’t work if channel says info unavailable)! So we need immediate response on what is/will be time to fix. I am new to Spectrum but will cancel in a heartbeat if they cannot provide service(s) promised at sign up! Too expensive to have to put up with this stuff! Discount provided till fixed for us users out here having to endure this obviously deficiency in program application?

• Rogrock
    Rogrock Posts: 6 Spectator
    Options

Same issue. Unplugging Xumo fixes issue for a while. I have 4 boxes. Checked the other 3 and they were working fine. Local store had me get a new Xumo box, but that didn’t work. Still getting the info unavailable message.

• lbmoss11
    lbmoss11 Posts: 7 Spectator
    Options

We have the same problem. Info unavailable on random Xumo channels for several hours.

• James_M
    Options

@Headhunter, @Rogrock, @lbmoss11 and others,

At this time, there are no known issues impacting the guide as described. The issue could be related to connectivity between the device and modem. While several of you are experiencing similar symptoms, this is currently being triaged as separate, individual issues.

The app team has requested we collect some additional information to help with the investigation:

• Does the issue resolve if you restart the modem - even if only temporarily?
    • Does the issue resolve if you restart the Xumo?
    • Does returning to the Xumo home page and then navigating back to the Spectrum app restore the guide? (if there are other steps, please describe)
    • Are you also seeing an error code?
    • Is the Xumo connected wireless or hard-wired?
    • When the guide reads "unavailable" can you test and report if the issue occurs on other devices too (ie a smartphone or a different streaming device)?
    • When the guide reads "unavailable" are you able to see and navigate the guide and manage recordings from a different device?

Please reply back with as many answers as possible and we will forward the information to the Xumo team for investigation.

• Rogrock
    Options

The only “fix” has been to unplug the Xumo box and plug it back in. I have 4 boxes, and the other 3 show the full guide at the same time that the 4th shows info unavailable. I am connected wirelessly. The issue has repeated itself daily, sometimes several times a day. There is no error code. I have replaced the Xumo box that is having the issue. The new box does the same thing.

• James_M
    Options

@Rogrock

Thanks. For the impacted Xumo, can you try direct connecting using an ethernet cable and let us know if the issue continues?

• MRoberts
    Options

Hello, please see answers below.

Thanks!

Mike

• Does the issue resolve if you restart the modem - even if only temporarily? No.
    • Does the issue resolve if you restart the Xumo? No
    • Does returning to the Xumo home page and then navigating back to the Spectrum app restore the guide? (if there are other steps, please describe) No
    • Are you also seeing an error code? No
    • Is the Xumo connected wireless or hard-wired? Wireless
    • When the guide reads "unavailable" can you test and report if the issue occurs on other devices too (ie a smartphone or a different streaming device)? Does not occur on other devices, Roku and Android phone all OK when Xumo has issue.
    • When the guide reads "unavailable" are you able to see and navigate the guide and manage recordings from a different device? Yes, other devices OK

• James_M
    Options

@MRoberts

Thanks. For the impacted Xumo, can you also try direct connecting using an ethernet cable and let us know if the issue continues?

• MRoberts
    Options

@Rogrock, would be interesting to see the Spectrum TV app version on the 3 devices that are OK and the one that has issue. Under the gear icon, then about.

Thanks,

Mike

• Wester
    Options

i have a Spectrum modem and router. The Xumo is connected via ethernet and continually shows blocks of “info available” on the Spectrum appp guide. Our Roku is connected to the same router via wifi at the weakest wifi spot in our house and never shows info unavailable on the Spectrum app guide.

• lbmoss11
    lbmoss11 Posts: 7 Spectator
    edited December 2023
    Options

I get this message, if I select one of the channels that say, info unavailable. I can also enter the same channel using the remote keypad and the channel will tune in.

• Rogrock
    Options

All info under settings are the same on the Xumo boxes that aren’t having an issue and the one that is.

• Rogrock
    Options

Connecting with Ethernet did not help. Still getting info unavailable message. This also means these channels don’t show up on the recently viewed channels to go back to quickly. It has to be a software issue, not a customer issue.

• Rogrock
    Options

The only fix, and it doesn’t last, is to unplug the Xumo box and plug it back in to reboot.

This discussion has been closed.