You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Xumo Guide - Info Unavailable

Options
2»

Answers

• GD_watch
    GD_watch Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited December 2023
    Options

I had the same issue...

What I did was to go to settings on remote, then 'system managment' then 'resets & updates'.....

I then cleared locally stored data, and refresh apps. This seems to fix the problem for me. I'm not sure whether the clearing data, or the app refresh did the trick, but all channels now show info. I never unplugged the xumo, reset the router, or the modem

Hopefully this will last...

btw, my xumo is / (has been) connected to router via ethernet cable, so I also turned off WiFi under network advanced settings, which had be inadvertently left on (default) during initial installation. I don't think this was the cause, but maybe something to check for those using ethernet cable.

• MRoberts
    MRoberts Posts: 17 Participant
    Options

@GD_watch does clearing locally stored data require you to sign on again to all the apps?

Thanks,

Mike

• GD_watch
    Options

I only have the Spectrum, and xumo play apps. Since I cleared data AND refreshed the apps, one of those actions did require me to agree to Spectrum terms again. Also, clearing the data removed my xumo play favorites list , which I had to re-enter. I did not have to sign in (again) to Spectrum / Xumo. I can't speak for Hulu/Prime/Netflix/etc.

So far, after ~2hrs, I still have guide info on all channels.

• lbmoss11
    lbmoss11 Posts: 7 Spectator
    Options

Under system management, I just refreshed the app. So far my guide has kept all the channels for about 24 hours . Before this, regardless of trying everything else, my guide would loose information ever couple of hours.

Fingers crossed 🤞

• lbmoss11
    Options

Well, my wishful thinking didn't work out. Most of my guide channels are now back listed as, info unavailable. If spectrum can't get this working soon, I'm going back to the wired boxes. There's a lot of smart people on here having the same issue with no lasting solution.

• MRoberts
    Options

I tried the local data rest and refresh no change :(

• Rogrock
    Rogrock Posts: 6 Spectator
    Options

I now have Info Unavailable on 2 of my 4 Xumo boxes. I just tried the clear locally stored data option under system management. The guide is showing all info now on this box, but I’ll see how long it lasts.

• GD_watch
    Options

My one box hasn't had the issue since I cleared data 48 hours ago. I suspect that something may have corrupted the 'locally stored data'. Perhaps keeping any customizations (such as zip codes, local stations, etc) to a minimum will prevent this from recurring.

• MRoberts
    Options

@James_M , @Lyn_T what is the current build for the spectrum TV app for xumo box?

Thanks,

Mike

• Mowhit
    Mowhit Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I’m having the same issue and have only been using the xumo streaming for a week. Great features, but this part is very frustrating!

• Mowhit
    Mowhit Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options
  • James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

The current Spectrum TV app version for Xumo is 31.4.1

• James_M
    Options

All -

We have a couple follow-up questions:

• When you see "Info Unavailable", how far in advance are you looking (current time, 4 hrs ahead, 8hrs ahead, 2 days ahead, etc)?
    • When you see "Info Unavailable", does the program information eventually populate if you pause or wait? If so, how long does it take? (ie. is there a short or extended lag time to populate)
    • When the guide reads "Info Unavailable", are you able to go back or navigate through the guide and see the program information populate?

Thanks for your help and your patience while we investigate.

• MRoberts
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks @James_M that is my version.

See answers below

• When you see "Info Unavailable", how far in advance are you looking (current time, 4 hrs ahead, 8hrs ahead, 2 days ahead, etc)? Usually current day. Seems random as far as where.
    • When you see "Info Unavailable", does the program information eventually populate if you pause or wait? If so, how long does it take? (ie. is there a short or extended lag time to populate). No does not populate. Sat for a few minutes and no population.
    • When the guide reads "Info Unavailable", are you able to go back or navigate through the guide and see the program information populate? Usually a hole for an hour or 2. Info before and after the info unavailable block of time.

• lbmoss11
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello, @James_M, The answer for me is the same as, MRoberts. I have also noticed in system management under build version, it has shown software update in progress for several days ?

• James_M
    Options

Thanks, everyone.

I did reach out to the app team and they are aware of this issue and are currently investigating. No further examples are needed at this time. I will provide an update once one is available. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks again!

• MRoberts
    Options

Thanks @James_M

• Wester
    Wester Posts: 12 Participant
    Options

I can’t speak for everyone else, but for me the problem disappeared several days ago. Thank you Spectrum! I’m enjoying the Xumo now.

• MRoberts
    Options

Yes me also. App updated to a 12/14/2023 build and issue fixed. :)

• lbmoss11
    Options

The guide on mine is also been working smoothly for several days without a issue. @MRoberts , could you tell me your build version? On mine it has software update in progress, and it's been like this for over a week.

• MRoberts
    edited December 2023
    Options

@lbmoss11 I was referring to the build of the spectrum app. It is v31.4.5. Can see it on spectrum app settings icon then about.

The xumo build is QS024.007.00P. This seems to match your build.

• lbmoss11
    Options

Thank you @MRoberts , I was able to see the app version as you suggested and it matched yours.

This discussion has been closed.