Forced to reset password AGAIN

Options
Josejesusr
Josejesusr Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m getting extremely annoyed that I continue to be forced to Reset my password. I work from my private office and have a tv I sign into and every couple months it signs me out and forces me to reset my password. How do I get this to stop it is extremely Annoying and I should be able to watch tv from the app without resetting a pw

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 674 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Josejesusr

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the password issues. Typically requests to reset the password are because something has triggered a security issue. Is your office within your home or in a separate building? Also, when it asks you to reset the password, is there an error code that comes up?

Answers

• dn_miami
    dn_miami Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

SAME HERE!! This is so frustrating. This means I need to redo this on every TV/computer/tablet that I'm watching through the Spectrum app. This is insane. I'm about to switch to YouTube TV or Hulu just to stop this password reset madness! Please fix this!

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    edited January 14
    Options

Another thing that could presumably cause that would be if/when there are already two active out-of-home streams going on two other devices with one and the same account set of credentials. One way to mitigate would be to wait until one of the others is signed out before trying with yet another. Otherwise i guess that the idea is that only an authorized user can knock off others in order to get on, and changing the password is how it’s done. 

🔗https://www.spectrum.com/policies/residential-video-service-agreement

This discussion has been closed.