Cloud DVR Playback Issues (recordings are freezing) - UPDATED 4/18/24 with a message from Spectrum

Options

Comments

• Rahlo
    Rahlo Posts: 5 Spectator
    Options

Just started streaming in the past 3 months I seem to be having the same issue cloud playback freezeup several times then error message and some times it will erase the show this is getting old fast the first month it seemed to work OK as I was trying to learn everything all over again

• mathisranch
    mathisranch Posts: 1 Spectator
    Options

SUX ! constantly freezing up , rebuffering , black screen . I have a hell of an issue with your service. IT SUCKS , Fix it!!! I have deleted APP reinstalled it , Reset equipment etc. Streaming works great . Cloud DVR SUCKS BAD!!!!!! Engineers need to fix this issue ASAP !!! Horrible service . 😕

• AmyLou72
    AmyLou72 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same here. Was in a chat session this morning and they are aware of the Cdvr issues and claim engineers are working on it but it's been this way for us for the past month or so. I have the 500 Mbps service with only one device using it at a time so this should 'NOT' be happening.

• KimFees
    KimFees Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited April 15
    Options

When playing back recorded Xumo TV programs some will lock up every minute or so, sometimes with the 3 blinking dots, sometimes it will come back and may start out of focus or without sound, then go out again a couple minutes later making the recording unwatchable and may blue screen reference code XSTRP-4001. I have rebooted all devices, flashed apps. With the TLC 90 Day shows the problem is all the time, all recording of the shows. Some shows like Barron's Round Table or Call of the Midwife appear to work. Doesn't appear to matter where I watch from. Thanks

• Ithaca
    Ithaca Posts: 1 Spectator
    edited April 15
    Options

This happened a few months ago and now is MUCH WORSE. Recorded shows buffer, then go black, and when you go back become "unavailable." And You can't even get them "on demand." Makes watching anything recorded EXTREMELY frustrating or impossible. Can't understand why they made me give up cable boxes for this terrible system and why I am paying for it when IT DOES NOT WORK?!

• seb30
    seb30 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

This product does not work. It is terrible. Totally unreliable. I think it's highway robbery to be charged $9.99 per month for something that doesn't work.

• seb30
    Options

This product does not work. It is terrible. Totally unreliable. I think it's highway robbery to be charged $9.99 per month for something that doesn't work.

• CitrusCountyFlorida
    CitrusCountyFlorida Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

where are you located? I just moved to Citrus County, Florida and it is unusable here. It constantly pauses and the sound cuts out. I had a chat with tech support and they say they are aware of the issue and working on it. They didn’t give me an ETA. In the meantime it’s unusable but I don’t have a choice. My HOA has a bulk contract with them.

• CitrusCountyFlorida
    CitrusCountyFlorida Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

I have the same issue with cloud DVR. I just bought a house in citrus county Florida. The HOA has a long term bulk arrangement with spectrum. I was very disappointed when I found out that this issue has been ongoing for several months now. At least give an ETA for fixing it. Maybe get some lessons from Hulu, directv, xfinity, YouTube TV which have no problems with cloud DVR. Also, provide an app for firesticks!!!!!

• SAD46
    SAD46 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

When will the constant buffering on the cloud dvr be fixed? I have reset the modem, router, reinstalled the spectrum app, and unplugged the tv but nothing fixes it. I also experience buffering during live tv. This is extremely frustrating. Some Error codes include STRP 1999 and 4004…

• SAD46
    SAD46 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

When will the constant buffering on the cloud dvr be fixed? I have reset the modem, router, reinstalled the spectrum app, and unplugged the tv but nothing fixes it. I also experience buffering during live tv. This is extremely frustrating. Some Error codes include STRP 1999 and 4004…

• Babysmom14904
    Babysmom14904 Posts: 1 Spectator
    edited April 17
    Options

I got my service in October of last year 2023 and it work fine for like 2 to 3 months now I would say from January on to now I have had trouble with it freezing up every time I watch live tv , or I try to watch a recorded show I have to pause it or reset it because the people talking are not talking with the voices that are the ones you hear the voices are ahead of the people on tv , also you will get the spinning circle saying the tv is buffering I have reset my modem I have done speed test there is nothing wrong with my internet I have called spectrum nothing wrong with my signal it’s my tv service with spectrum this is a long time to keep going through with this I definitely need help with this please from January till April as of now the middle of April so far still same problem can’t watch some shows I record or live tv and still not fixed what can be done about this ? This is my email can someone get back to me right away please very frustrating!

• jchtxst
    jchtxst Posts: 6 Participant
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jaleesa_F… Could Spectrum pause all Cloud DVR fees while they are working on a fix? Maybe Spectrum engineers could reach out to any other streaming platform to learn how to create a successful cloud DVR

• Ready2DropSpectrum
    Ready2DropSpectrum Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Having too many of the STRP-4004 Reference Codes - paying way to much $ every month for this to be happening. Will have to move if it can't be fixed soon.

• mwP
    mwP Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Didn't have a problem before all the "Spectrum Service Updates" started. Now its nearly impossible to watch a recorded program. It seems like a Cloud DVR credit for at least 1 if not 2 months should be given.

• mwP
    mwP Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Didn't have a problem before all the "Spectrum Service Updates" started. Now its nearly impossible to watch a recorded program. It seems like a Cloud DVR credit for at least 1 if not 2 months should be given.

• selwynator
    selwynator Posts: 11 Participant
    Options

@Roblauradavis - I was told the same by Spectrum before I switched. I’m on board if we collectively can coordinate a class action. I believe this issue needs to be escalated beyond this Spectrum controlled forum.

• Dale_45
    Dale_45 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same issue with cloud dvr playback - blurring of the picture, voice disappearing intermittently, buffering (3 dots), freezing, blue box messaging saying that the program is not available. This is worse by the day and has become a big issue. What is being done about it??

• johnbryantmassey
    johnbryantmassey Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

Issues have gotten progressively worse in the last few weeks. 1 minute into a recorded show, the 3 dots show up four times, the screen freezes, and the volume cuts out for about 7 seconds.

I've seen and experienced enough. Canceling Spectrum at the end of the week. Since they haven't taken this seriously, we shouldn't take them seriously or give them a dime.

• azure57
    azure57 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

Delete the app, reinstall the app, restart the device, restart your modem, blah, blah, blah: These are the same tired “solutions” to Spectrum's Cloud DVR issues that Spectrum personnel keep giving to Spectrum subscribers over and over and over again — and the fact of the matter is that none of them ever work. They advise Spectrum customers to take these steps because they don't know what else to tell them. I've tried them all, multiple times, and none of them do anything to stop the endless freezing, skipping, restarting, repeating and other glitches that plague Spectrum's Cloud DVR.

After years of enjoying flawless service with Time Warner's Whole House DVR, I gave it up, because under Charter's aegis, even that once-excellent system was starting to fail. I had high hopes that the Cloud DVR would come to the rescue, but alas, it is an unmitigated disaster. I have many other streaming services and no problem with any of them; it's only Spectrum's Cloud DVR that doesn't perform properly. Indeed, it's abysmally dysfunctional, and if engineers employed by Charter can't fix it, then the company needs to hire ones who can.

What I'd really like to do at this point is to use my smart phone to capture some highlights (or more accurately, lowlights) of the bug-ridden recordings that Spectrum’s Cloud DVR makes, put them on Youtube, and then send a link to Christopher Winfrey, the CEO of Charter Communications, asking him to watch them and see if he thinks that the Cloud DVR that Spectrum expects its customers to use is even remotely an acceptable way to watch television. But in order to communicate with Mr. Winfrey, I need either an email address or some other means of reaching him. If Spectrum customer service reps REALLY want Spectrum subscribers to have a useful DVR service, they will either furnish me with an email address for Mr. Winfrey, or else relay this message to him themselves.

• Kbrown
    Kbrown Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same here. It is so bad and frustrating

• selwynator
    edited April 16
    Options

@jchtxst - thanks for Christopher Winfrey’s email address. I am going to send him similar to what @azure57 described. Let’s all do our part and see if he will respond.

• seb30
    Options

I am in NY. Your HOA is getting charged for that and they shouldn't be. same issue here and more. this is just terrible. i have a choice and I am thinking of scraping Spectrum all together and never looking back.

• msmith301
    msmith301 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I recently bought the ROKU and signed up for the Spectrum cloud just so I could record my new channels to watch when working out of town. My DVR at home is working fine without any issues. However the out of town cloud has been getting continually worse and worse of the playback. First it started with my first new show in the three I record. Now it's affecting the second one. Pretty soon I won't be able to watch any of them. I keep getting a constant buffering and then the same error message as everyone else. What the hell am I paying for if I can't watch anything. All I keep seeing from Spectrum are responses that it is being addresses. FOR THE PASS 3 MONTHS!! This is crazy.

• BMWPilot
    BMWPilot Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Add me to the list. Buffering, stuttering, and black screen just started for me in the last week or so. I do have other recordings saved that play flawlessly consistently. This confirms it is not an issue on my side. I do feel a credit for inability to use the service is warranted here until the issue is resolved.

• selwynator
    edited April 16
    Options

I wrote to Christopher Winfrey. Sent him link to this thread and asked him to please read the comments. Also encouraged him to ask questions down into the organization because his customer and technical support team is in denial.

• moorewe99
    moorewe99 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm also experiencing.this along with picture quality issues. They have been out 3 times to fix the problem but it seems to get worst each time.

• levinestephen
    levinestephen Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I am experiencing the same problems of freezing followed by a black screen on every recording I make. Is there any reason I should stick with spectrum rather than change to a different platform? I'm seriously considering going over to a different platform as I don't watch live TV and my recordings are virtually useless

• levinestephen
    levinestephen Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I am experiencing the same problems of freezing followed by a black screen on every recording I make. Is there any reason I should stick with spectrum rather than change to a different platform? I'm seriously considering going over to a different platform as I don't watch live TV and my recordings are virtually useless

• taps
    taps Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I don't understand why there are so many issues regarding the DVR Cloud now for months and it is extremely bad now to the point where I cannot watch anything I recorded - I maybe get 3 minutes out of a whole hour. I depend on my recordings to catch up on shows later. If this has been escalated since March or even end of Feb why are there no results yet in a stable fix? Why is Spectrum not addressing this proactively and telling their customers about the issue upfront? The ETA should be with utmost priority since this has been going on for a long time. By utmost priority, they should have a fix in 24 hours. Yet, they say they have no idea of ETA. Someone with authority should be addressing this issue and also all customers.