Why is my download speed no longer getting even close to 500Mbs when i usually get around 950Mbs?

Options

I have been getting usually around 20 ping in any game i play and also download games at 900ish Mbs but all of a sudden my internet has been getting 50-60 ping and my download speed is getting capped at 450. I have reset my router and modem multiple times. I just do not know if its a me issue or a spectrum issue

Answers

• Mo_S
    Mo_S Posts: 53 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Good morning @KillerClevenger and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry you're having issues with your connection. Reviewing the account associated with your profile, the router appears to be receiving the correct speeds from the modem and the modem itself isn't reporting any abnormalities with the signal levels. Were you testing from the computer connected directly to the router? Are you able to test both directly to the modem and to the router using this link and share the result? -Mo

• KillerClevenger
    KillerClevenger Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

this is my router speeds which has never been this low ever since i switched to 1 gig internet.

I also unplugged the yellow cable from the modem and connected my ethernet cable and i didnt get any internet so i wasnt able to do a test with just the modem.

• KillerClevenger
    KillerClevenger Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I have had many people tell me that my ISP has malfunctioned and it is no longer working. Constantly going in and out half the time with the internet when its a perfectly fine day. Will i get a replacement?

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,097 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hey @KillerClevenger, it sounds like you didn't reboot the modem after changing the ethernet cable. It needs a reboot every time you change what's connected to it. You are certainly welcome to exchange your modem at a Spectrum store but if the issue persists while connected directly to it I would recommend scheduling an appointment with a technician who can check the lines as well. If you are using a Spectrum provided router then you can skip trying to bypass it. If you would like to schedule an appointment please call 1-855-707-7328​​​ or we can reach out in a private message.