Buffering problems

Options
Johnjon
Johnjon Posts: 3 Spectator

why does buffering on spectrum internet happen constantly? This has been a problem over several years . This problem occurred when I had tv services, I switched to internet streaming and changed to different providers with no difference in the issues. I just spent a week at my grandkids home in Palm beach Fla. which has spectrum as their internet provider. I watched their streaming and never seen any buffering on any of the same apps that I have. What is the difference from state to state?? I blamed the different streaming service for the problem, but after reading some other spectrum users seams this a problem with spectrum. I have no other internet provider in Marshal County Alabama so I guess I’m stuck.

Best Answer

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 689 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Johnjon

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the buffering issues. There can be a number of causes of buffering. Is the device you're watching on connected using a wired or wireless connection?

Answers

• Johnjon
    Options

I have tried all the connectivity issues spectrum has had advise me to do. I was told I have no modem issues and I have purchased the linksys router, these have been micro processor restart so many times I’ve about worn the power plugs out. The television is a 2023 LG smart tv, it is wired connected.

• Johnjon
    Options

please inform me of what the causes are.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,767 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options
    • Are you having trouble with just the TV?
    • What speed do you get on a speed test for a different device?
    • What troubleshooting have you tried with the streaming service?

It also looks like the modem has been online for more than 7 days. Please try restarting the modem and let us know if the issue continues.