Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

My DVR recordings will not fast forward or rewind

6161Knapp
6161Knapp Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 5 in TV Equipment

why won’t my recordings let me fast forward or rewind on my DVR?

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 561 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @6161Knapp and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our DVR box not working as intended. I am sorry this is happening. I will need to ask a few questions to determine the best course of action. Is this happening on recorded shows or on demand? Have you attempted to reset your box yet? This can be done by unplugging the box from the power and the cable line for 3-5 minutes. Let me know if this helps. -Lyn

Answers

• JSHIVE
    JSHIVE Posts: 1 Newcomer

yes I tried a reboot

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,665 Contributor

Hello,

In addition to @Lyn_T 's questions. I would also add is this a new swapped box? When you use the remote fast-forward/rewind buttons, does the button light up properly? If it does not, start by getting some new fresh batteries in the remote to see if that makes a difference. What model cable box is this? If you are still having problems, call Spectrum Customer Care and have them re-authorize your DVR over the phone, letting them know that Fast-Forward/Rewind is not working.

My suspicions are that the DVR codes for your box might not be active or applied correctly. Post back.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.