Issues with Xumo Guide

Options
Mowhit
Mowhit Posts: 7 Spectator

Good afternoon! Is anyone else having trouble with the Xumo guide slow to open/slow to move up or down the list? I literally have to unplug and plug back in the cables to the box at least once a day, sometimes more. This started happening in April. Was there some type of change to the system?

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 459 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good evening @Mowhit

Thank you for reaching out to us about the guide not working as intended with our Xumo box. I am sorry this is happening. Are you noticing this on all the boxes or just one? -Lyn

Answers

• Mowhit
    Options

all of my boxes

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,852 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Does restarting the box resolve the issue?

• Mowhit
    Options

It does, but o have to do this at least once a day when the guide starts to drag/doesn’t move. I shouldn’t have to do that.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,852 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Sounds like there is wireless interference occurring. Are you able to direct connect at lease one of the Xumo's directly to the modem / router with an ethernet cable and test to see if the issue continues on direct connect?

• Pflo
    Pflo Posts: 3 Spectator
    Options

I have the same problem! Changed pod! Direct ethernet from pod! Strong signal direct and/or on wifi. Switched out Zumo box! Have tried everything, still same problem. Have to unplug and redoot Daily. Not good. May have to go back to cable box, DVR.

• Mowhit
    Options

I unfortunately don’t have the option to switch back, or I would too! Very frustrating.

• Pflo
    Options

All other apps on Xumo works well with remote. Must be Spectrum specific! They must fix this, or customers will return Xumo and go to other steaming services.

• Mowhit
    Options

completely agree. I have 2 boxes for 2 different rooms and have had to reboot both at least twice today!

• Pflo
    Options

My Xumo guide is working properly now, for several days! We use Alexa to turn off equipment. I noticed that Xumo box was not turning off, staying on 24/7. We now turn off in the evening with remote! Guide Working properly, for now! Hope that was the answer. We will see!