Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

"Please Wait" message common on one of my boxes

Fisherman
Fisherman Posts: 137 Contributor
edited August 23 in TV Equipment

I have two Arris boxes. One is a provisioned as a DVR and one is not. The one that is not more often than not gives me a "Please Wait" message when I turn it on. Sometimes it can take up to a minute for the programming to display. I have reset the box on multiple occasions to see if that would clear it up, but to no avail. I never see this issue with the other box which is the DVR.
Would this warrant a box swap?

Comments

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 817 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Fisherman

The "Please Wait" message can be caused by a number of things. While it can be an issue with the box or firmware, it can also be due to an issue with the coax cable or any splitters. Since it is not a DVR and you can exchange it without worrying about losing content, that can be a first option you may want to try. If you're noticing issues with other devices as well (especially if they are on a splitter together) it may be worth having a technician come out to see if there are any other issues that may need to be addressed.

This discussion has been closed.