TV Choice Package - Unable to find channel lineup settings

JimboSlice
JimboSlice Posts: 6 Spectator
edited August 28 in Channels and Programming

hello I recently signed up for the TV choice package and received an email explaining how to choose your channel lineup. I followed the instructions and channel lineup is nowhere to be found in the settings. I have tried on Firefox, Chrome, and even your app.

Best Answers

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 771 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

I apologize for the issues with the TV choice service. You should be able to login to the online site here, then go to the Settings tab. From there you will be able to view the channel lineup. Then you would select Edit Lineup and then select the channels you want in your lineup. Then select Save New Lineup.

For the first 30 days after getting the service you can make as many changes as you like. After 30 days you can make changes once every 30 days.

You can go to this link here for full details.

-Tyleen

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,026 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Sorry for any confusion. I was able to locate your account using your registration information.

The notes indicate that you called in asking about TV Choice, but no changes were made. It appears that you were sent an email that provides an explanation of the service, and from what I can see, it looks like you needed to decide on the last five channels you wanted before making changes. You are still subscribed to Spectrum TV Select.

Here is a link to Finding my 15 channels (Spectrum TV Choice), which lists the channels currently available with Spectrum TV Choice. Once you decide on all channels you want, you will need to call in to sales again to make the desired changes. The selected channels will then be available on all of your current set top boxes.

I believe the confusion in the previous answers is that they were referring to streaming only packages, but I believe you are looking to "downgrade" your traditional TV package to the TV Choice package on traditional set top boxes. Because you have a video subscription, you are also able view limited live and OnDemand content streaming on the app, or from a browser using watch.spectrum.net using

Last, and in the spirit of transparency since it is not clear how much was explained to you, we do not pro-rate when changes are made to an account. This means that you would want to make any changes to your video subscription as close as possible to the billing renewal date in order to maximize your savings (at lease for the first month). Otherwise, you will be paying both the new subscription, and the remainder of the previous subscription until the billing cycle renews.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Answers

• JimboSlice

as you can see, the lineup option is not there.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,240 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Has it been more than 48 hours since you ordered it? Will you sign out, clear your cookies/cache, and sign back in?

• JimboSlice

It has been about 24 hours since I ordered it. I have cleared cookies/cache multiple times and nothing has changed yet.

• Tyleen_Z

Okay so that is most likely the issue. The website does not recognize the change in the service yet. Please give it another 24 hours. Then log out of the website and back in. I was able to find your account using your forum login information and do see the proper package on your account but as the change was made recently it isn't reflected through the website just yet.

-Tyleen

• JimboSlice

thank you for helping. I will report back after 24 hours.

• Tyleen_Z

You're welcome! Definitely let us know if the issues are still there!

-Tyleen

• JimboSlice

still not showing me the channel lineup settings. it has been 3-4 days since I ordered. so frustrating!

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,026 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Sorry for any confusion. I was able to locate your account using your registration information.

The notes indicate that you called in asking about TV Choice, but no changes were made. It appears that you were sent an email that provides an explanation of the service, and from what I can see, it looks like you needed to decide on the last five channels you wanted before making changes. You are still subscribed to Spectrum TV Select.

Here is a link to Finding my 15 channels (Spectrum TV Choice), which lists the channels currently available with Spectrum TV Choice. Once you decide on all channels you want, you will need to call in to sales again to make the desired changes. The selected channels will then be available on all of your current set top boxes.

I believe the confusion in the previous answers is that they were referring to streaming only packages, but I believe you are looking to "downgrade" your traditional TV package to the TV Choice package on traditional set top boxes. Because you have a video subscription, you are also able view limited live and OnDemand content streaming on the app, or from a browser using watch.spectrum.net using

Last, and in the spirit of transparency since it is not clear how much was explained to you, we do not pro-rate when changes are made to an account. This means that you would want to make any changes to your video subscription as close as possible to the billing renewal date in order to maximize your savings (at lease for the first month). Otherwise, you will be paying both the new subscription, and the remainder of the previous subscription until the billing cycle renews.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• JimboSlice
    edited July 23

It looks like the order went through on the 19th though. I attached a screenshot of the order email. they also did make changes to my account, as I lost some of the channels I watch regularly like A&E channel.

this is so confusing. I guess I will have to call and get it sorted

This discussion has been closed.