Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

code GDVR-2007 comes up when I try to watch or record with my DVR; is the system down ?

BuffaloAl
BuffaloAl Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 24 in TV Equipment

Best Answer

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 563 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Good evening @BuffaloAl and Welcome to our Community Forums

Thank you for reaching out to us about our DVR box not working as intended. I am very sorry this is happening. I was able to locate your account using your registration information. I am not seeing any active concerns at this time. Sounds like the box may need to be reset. This can be done by unplugging the box from the power and the cable line for 3-5 minutes. Let me know if this helps. -Lyn

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Hello and Welcome to the Community:

Checking online GDVR-2007 indicates a service outage issue. Call Spectrum Customer Care and see if there is a voicemail message in your area about an outage. If there is not, give the rep the service code error number when speaking to him/her to report the outage. If there is already a voicemail message, you can hang up after listening to the message because Spectrum will already know about this.

Due to the newer boxes and guides being cloud-based they rely on data from their Internet servers more so than the older models. This is why from time to time you might see this message.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.