Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Feature Request: Make 'Record Series' pick up episodes across all channels

pmaloney3
pmaloney3 Posts: 6 Spectator
edited September 8 in Suggestions and Feedback

Hi,

I watch some NBC sports programs that can appear on multiple NBC networks (NBC, USA, sometimes CNBC, etc.). If I try to Record Series on one of these programs, I can only pick one of the channels where it appears (multiple channels do appear in the channel dropdown list).

It does not appear to be possible to set up Record Series on each separate channel. If you try to do that, you can only cancel the first Record Series operation when you try to do the second channel.

I request that the ability to Record Series be updated to work across channels. It can either do it all the time (like YouTubeTV) or optionally do one or all channels. I would not care which way it's implemented.

Regards, Patrick

Comments

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 883 Contributor

I second the motion!

P.S.: I don't have Cloud DVR but if i did, i'd be stupid enough to try something like this, with, for example, Premier League Soccer: Delete the series recording, hit up the game airing on NBC on 9/14 from the guide schedule grid, set up a series recording off of that game on the resulting listings page and then see if the recording schedule captures the two games airing on USA Network earlier the same day. If it doesn't, i'd be furthermore stupid enough to then turn around and hit up either of those two games airing on USA Network from the guide schedule grid and see if i could add a series recording for that series off of either of those two games on that (somewhat different) series listing page. My bad if you've already tried all of that.

P.P.S.: Not that it has anything to do with it but i notice that all of the Premier League Soccer games that have aired on both NBC and USA Network for the past three weeks are currently available via USA Network on-demand as far as i can tell.

• pmaloney3
    pmaloney3 Posts: 6 Spectator
    edited September 8

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that. When you try to do the second series, it only gives you an option to cancel the existing series recording.

In the series recording, it does have an option to pick the channel, but you can only pick one.