Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Will Spectrum Mobile support iOS 18's RCS feature?

Smith6612
Smith6612 Posts: 50 Contributor

Hi all,

With iOS 18 loomimg on the horizon, Apple is launching RCS support to help send higher quality images and videos, and enable other rich text features for users not enrolled into iMessage, and for Android users. I know that Spectrum Mobile relies on Verizon for their underlying mobile network, and Verizon supports RCS. Will Spectrum Mobile support RCS on iPhone on iOS 18's launch?

Best Answers

Answers

• Smith6612
    Smith6612 Posts: 50 Contributor

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to follow up to confirm that Spectrum Mobile does in fact support RCS on iOS 18. I asked a contact of mine using Spectrum Mobile to upgrade to iOS 18. When they did, my Android device immediately upgraded the conversion to use RCS.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,284 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hey @Smith6612! Thanks so much for taking the time to come back and confirm it's working, that's wonderful!

• Gilrevis
    Gilrevis Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited September 19

hi - even though I have restarted my phone a few times, there is still no indicator in the message text box. just says "iMessage" and no RCS indicator. any thoughts?

I have the iPhone 12 mini and have confirmed all these are in place:
    - the RCS Messaging toggle is On
    - I have upgraded to iOS 18
    - I also checked my phone's IMS status, and it shows is VOICE, SMS & RCS

thanks for any assistance.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 904 Contributor
    edited September 20

@Gilrevis : as has been the case with SMS/MMS, i take it that at least one correspondent to a new conversation would need to be non-iMessage-enabled in order for the Messages app to fall back to whichever "Text" service is the highest common denominator, whether that be RCS, MMS or SMS.

πŸ”— https://support.apple.com/en-us/104972

πŸ”— https://www.macrumors.com/guide/rcs/