Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How can I replace my remote

TootieB
TootieB Posts: 1 Newcomer

My remote accidently got water spilled on it. Can I get a new one?

Best Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @TootieB, welcome to our community!

The easiest way to get a new remote is to swap it at a Spectrum store location. We can also arrange to have one mailed to you, but that takes three to five days.

• branch_home1
    branch_home1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Answer ✓

I was contacted by phone that you are replacing lines in our area and your current receiver boxes won't continue to work and will need to be replaced. Is this legitimate or a scam?

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @branch_home1,

You currently have some of our older style cable boxes that has older software. Over time we upgrade our networks and the older style cable boxes will no longer be compatible with our network. We would recommend you replace the boxes when you have a chance to prevent issues when our network is upgraded. There is no cost for replacing the cable boxes. You can bring the old cable boxes to the store and they will give you one of our newer ones.