Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Sept 22, 2024 update bug, possibly?

I have been using the MySpectrum app on Android 10 for about a year now. It was working perfectly fine until the most recent update to the Google Play app (September 22, 2024). Now, it won't let me sign in and gives me a white screen that says:

"Webview is disabled on your device. Please enable webview in your device settings and try again."

I have confirmed that webview is not disabled by default on my device (Galaxy S9+), I have tried resetting the app cache/clearing the app storage, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I have performed a soft reset, and I have gone into developer mode to cycle the webview feature off and on. Nothing has fixed the issue, thus far.

I am pretty sure I am missing something, and would love to be able to continue using the mobile app for payments and monitoring my home network. Is there any way to fix this that would not involve a hard reset of my device?

Best Answer

• CBolton13
    CBolton13 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓

I just found this is a known issue

Double tapping the back button will temporarily fix the issue.

Chrome not being my default browser also seems to be part of the problem.

Cheers!

Answers

• Headstrongjay
    Headstrongjay Posts: 5 Spectator
    edited October 13

So I take back my original comment about double tapping the back button. It ended up actually working for me at least on my android. So thanks for that!!👍🏻 However this issue is also with iOS.... I go to sign in with my credentials only to get a popup saying "this feature is unavailable try again later". So I can't use the app on neither phone so this has GOT TO BE an issue on their behalf. But we're all left in the dark & no longer "easy to pay your bill" so myb they don't want customers to pay their bill anymore 🙄