Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Updating equipment?

ciccarello13
ciccarello13 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have been a customer for over 7 years and that is when I received my equipment. I work from home and consistently have short loss of internet from 1 to 5 mins during the day. I am not sure if its the service or the equipment is old. How do I have my equipment updated as I am sure there are newer and better routers and modems available for the prices I am paying.

Best Answers

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 194 Contributor
    edited October 1 Answer ✓

Have you contacted your local office yet? Ours lets us bring stuff in to swap out at the counter when they have them in stock.

As the new high-split improvements hit markets , they will likely push new equipment to the home users--especially if they're still using DOCSIS 3.0 tier hardware.

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @ciccarello13;

I can understand the frustration with the internet going down a few times a day for several minutes. You do have one of our older modem / router and switching to one of our newer ones will help as we continue to upgrade our network. I reviewed the modem's history and I am not seeing any obvious problems. Swapping the equipment may help stabilize your connection. You can visit a Spectrum store to swap them. You can find a Spectrum store by visiting https://www.spectrum.com/stores?cid=sms:StoreLocations. If that fails to help then reach back out to us and we will investigate the issue further.

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Hello and welcome!

My advice is to call Spectrum for a signal and drop line test. If your lines and wiring are causing bad signals, new equipment won't change a thing! The tech will check your lines and signals, If those are good, he will update your equipment.

Satch