Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Does Spectrum plan to stop supporting Roadrunner email platform?

jb32750
jb32750 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited October 23 in Email

My son was locked out of his email account. I reset his password but that didn't help. I contacted support and they told me that roadrunner support was going away on October 31 and that we needed to migrate everything to new accounts. I asked for information what to do as I know we have not received any notification of this and they provided the following link. Very odd since this person was complaining of the exact same thing and there was no mention of how to resolve.

I asked if there was a FAQ or instructions and they said no. I asked to speak to a supervisor as this was ridiculous but they said I'd have to call in separately and do that. They were able to resolve my issue and my son can now access his email but I'm worried about what is going to happen at the end of the month. It will require a massive amount of work to migrate our four accounts.

The only other reference I can find to this issue is the following link which clearly states nothing is going to happen so which is right? I created a new sub-account for grins and it created it with a san.rr.com domain so I have no idea how I'm supposed to create a non-rr account

https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/173744/does-spectrum-plan-to-stop-supporting-roadrunner-email-platform

Best Answers

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 790 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello and welcome to the Spectrum Community!

I do apologize for any confusion. The transition we are doing is how you access your email inbox. Customers that had TWC/Brighthouse email accounts previously used a separate webmail site to access the email service. Now you can access the email directly from the online account by clicking the Check Email link .

I was able to find your account using your community login so I am going to run some diagnostics on the email addresses to see if there is any issues I can find.

-Tyleen

• jb32750
    Answer ✓

Tyleen,

Thank you so much for answering this. I rarely use the webmail. As long as I can connect with imap I'm golden. That's changed servers/domains a few times over the years but that's not a big deal as long as the mail is migrated. The account having the issue was my son's (kb vs jb). AFAIK he's fine now that he can log in.

Thanks again

Jon

• Tyleen_Z
    Tyleen_Z Posts: 790 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

You're welcome! I definitely understand the confusion.

-Tyleen

Answers

• jb32750

I was just rereading the transcript from the support chat and you might want to make sure all your colleagues are on the same page as the one I was dealing with told me this "It looks like starting two weeks ago we just started phasing out our legacy emails. customer will need to log in and process a new updated email and transfer information needed."

I asked what does this mean and was told "A new email address for the account will need to be created."

As I said, I'm all good and I'm glad this information is incorrect. Thanks again

Check it out

This discussion has been closed.