Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

"... didn't work quite right... unable to determine the status of your internet connection..."

AntDude
AntDude Posts: 168 Contributor
edited October 17 in Connectivity

Hello,

For the past several days, I noticed my logged in https://www.spectrum.net/services/internet web page says:

"We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please refresh to load your results. Refresh Page> We're unable to determine the status of your internet connection. Please try again later." I attached a screen shot/capture from my Firefox v131.0.3 web browser below:

I see the same thing in my iPhone's Spectrum iOS app.

I already tried rebooting my leased Spectrum's E31N2V1 (Hitron; Intel Puma 7 chipset; DOCSIS 3.1) cable modem and Netgear Orbi RBK753S-100NAS (WiFi 6; AX4200) router. Everything (Internet, phone, and TV services) work fine though.

The only thing I noticed "Devices on Network" is greyed out and has an animated spinning wait blue circle. Is this Spectrum's router which I don't have and use? If so, then is this causing the confusing error messages?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Answers

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 194 Contributor

System status checks have always been a bit wonky when customer provided equipment is in play--especially with modems. Possible it is trying to query a router and it is throwing something off.

Are you getting billed for wifi management? It is like a $5 charge on the bill for managing things. If you are using your own router and wifi (not thiers), you can get that removed and if they sent you a combo unit they will also change the bridge mode so it runs as a normal passthrough modem.

• AntDude
    AntDude Posts: 168 Contributor

Well, it is not my cable modem for sure. Router is mine since I want to control that part. I don't see that $5 fee. I removed that many a few years ago when replaced the old dying leased Arris cable modem (had a router inside) with a new leased Hitron cable modem (didn't have a router inside) from Spectrum.