You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Will Verizon-version phones port to Spectrum Mobile or Unlocked only?

Options
GregR
GregR Posts: 2 Spectator

Hello! I'm looking to purchase a Google Pixel 3a and they come in Unlocked or Verizon. Will a "Verizon version" Pixel 3a work on Spectrum or do I need to get an Unlocked one? Anyone using a Verizon version Pixel with success on Spectrum Mobile?

Tagged:

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,711 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options

To check compatibility, you can go to spectrum.com/mobile and select BYOD. You will need to enter the IMEI. You can also contact Spectrum Mobile directly with specific questions about compatibility. They can be reached at (833) 224-6603.

• GregR
    GregR Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I understand the need to check IMEI, but is it generally safe to assume that if one "Verizon version" Pixel 3a phone shows as being compatible with Spectrum Mobile, then every Verizon version 3a will be similarly OK (assuming no issues/carrier-imposed locks etc)? Again, there appears to be two variants of this phone model, Unlocked and Version. Just trying to determine if I can safely purchase either variant for eventual use on Spectrum Mobile. Thanks for your help!!

This discussion has been closed.