You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Blocking URLs

ForzaNapoli
ForzaNapoli Posts: 3 Spectator

Hi Everyone, we've searched high and low. Wondering if there is there a way to block certain URLs from our Spectrum router/modem? YouTube for example during the kids remote school work.

Tagged:

Answers

• Community_Help
    Community_Help Posts: 27 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

At this time there is no way to restrict certain websites. You have the option to create a Pause Schedule that will stop all Internet access.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,690 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2020

@ForzaNapoli,

In addition to above, if you have your own router, you can set up a whitelist of allowed URL's. This is also easier than blocking every website that is not allowed.

Alternately, you can also block restricted websites at the device level. On windows, start by going to Internet Options -> Privacy.

• ForzaNapoli

Thanks guys! The kids are on Macs and both our equipment is Spectrums MTA/Modem Hitron and Sagemcom Router. So you're saying that we can't restrict from either?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,690 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 2020

You would need you have your own router to set controls on that level. For Mac devices, there are parental controls, but I am not familiar with how to set them up. A web search for parental controls on the specific Mac device and OS they are using should give you the results needed to accomplish the website restrictions.

• ForzaNapoli

@James_M okay cool! Thanks for this! I'm familiar with Parental Controls on the Mac. I'll take a peek.

This discussion has been closed.