You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV app not working on IPad

Emil
Emil Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have an iPad Air 2. It has IOS 13.7. When trying to stream live tv programs to the iPad using the spectrum app, I get audio but no video. 

Streaming to this device from the live tv category worked as expected before, but not now. Can you help me make it work?

Comments

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

• ReneeD
    ReneeD Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times. It fixes for about 15 minutes and then goes back to no picture. The app also does not work on an Orbi Router only the Spectrum router. I have called Spectrum regarding both issues and have not been able to get a fix for either problem.

• James_M
    edited October 2020

@ReneeD,

What is the model and OS of the Apple device you are using?

• purpleprincess
    purpleprincess Posts: 1 Newcomer

Spectrum app not working on any device, android, apple, roku, for days.

Yes restarted internet, yes uninstalled and reinstalled app on all 3 devices.

Other apps work so what the problem?

• James_M

@purpleprincess

Sounds like you having a similar but different issue. For direct assistance, please begin a new post and include the device models, operating systems and speed test information. Thanks!

• Barbredhoof
    Barbredhoof Posts: 1 Newcomer

iPad Air and spectrum tv app not working for us either. I noticed that the app version shows up as 0.0 after repeated uninstall reinstall attempts. Ok on IPad mini in the same house. Version 8.3 of the app. On the iPad Air the iOS level is up to date at 12.4.8. The app worked fine until about 10/15

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

• Hi @Barbredhoof I am seeing that the most recent OS is 14 for most devices. Our app updated towards the end of September. A few things to check is open storage space on the device. I have found on my Apple devices that when I'm close to the limit apps in general don't work very well. I offload some of my less used apps and things start to run more smoothly. Also a full reboot will sometimes do the trick.

• iPad Air (4th generation)
    • iPad Air (3rd generation)
    • iPad Air 2

Those are the iPad Air that should be able to have the 14 More on that here: iPadOS

Julia_R

• Hightide
    Hightide Posts: 3 Spectator

iPad Air version 12.4.8

Same issue as above ...

iPad Air and spectrum tv app not working for us either. I noticed that the app version shows up as 0.0 after repeated uninstall reinstall attempts. Ok on IPad mini in the same house. Version 8.3 of the app. On the iPad Air the iOS level is up to date at 12.4.8. The app worked fine until about 10/15

this is clearly an app issue. Please resolve.

• Hightide
    Hightide Posts: 3 Spectator

App states it will work in IOS 12 and up.

should’nt need iOS 14

spectrum, please resolve this issue.

• Julia_R

Good Afternoon!

Just wanted to let you all know that if you are having difficulty with the app and are seeing that download listed as 0.0 this is something that we are aware of and are working to correct with the release of the next App version which should be 8.10. I do not have a date for this but do know we are working quickly to get that available as soon as possible to get this issue corrected.

Julia_R

• M1006P
    M1006P Posts: 2 Spectator

So your saying iPad Air with iOS 12.4.8 will never work now or in the future?

• Julia_R

@M1006P Not saying that. Not at all. We are aware of a problem with the app and are working to correct that with the next update. They are working on getting that out as quickly as possible. Should be in the very near future.

Julia_R

• M1006P
    M1006P Posts: 2 Spectator

Thank you everything working now.

This discussion has been closed.