You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can’t stream from iPad or apple x to tv anymore - SOLVED

Mattezzo
Mattezzo Posts: 5 Spectator

I used to be able to stream to my lg OLED tv using airplay. I used my iPad or iPhone X. Only the spectrum news channel works. I have called apple, spectrum, and lg. Apple and lg told me it’s the app. Spectrum walked me through uninstalling app resetting modem etc...any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Yes, the error codes sound like they are throwing permission errors. LG smart tv's are not supported for the Spectrum TV App or cloudDVR. If you have internet access on the TV through a browser, you may be able to launch watch.spectrum.com from the TV browser.

Answers

• James_M

Does the issue only occur when you attempt to use airplay? Does the app work otherwise on the Apple devices when you launch the app just on the device?

• Mattezzo

The issue occurs when using airplay. Spectrum news channel 1, espn channel 24, and cnn work fine no problem. No other channels load. They give the timeout slp-999 error. Or when trying to use cloud DVR I get icd-1002. Hbo max Netflix etc all work fine using airplay. I called apple and lg they both said it sounds like a permission problem from app. I’ve called spectrum customer service and reinstalled apps made sure my apps up to date etc...I tried on demand Pearl Harbor and that worked...the app using on my computer freezes a lot not using airplay on windows based system non apple.

• Mattezzo

FYI...I tried cbs all access and it did nothing work I’m guessing it’s because I logged in with spectrum as my provider...

• James_M

Have you also tried restarting the modem?

• Mattezzo
    edited November 2020

Yes. I had a tech come out.(spectrum tech) They said they are not sure about app. We deleted and made sure current version. Here is an example. ESPN works fine. But no other channels come in...

My cloud dvr does not work but on demand does.

they said emailing you the app dept might help.

thanks for your help btw!

• Mattezzo

Here is an example of trying to load some of my cloud based dvr...it try’s to load and the seconds rock back and forth like it’s stuck

This discussion has been closed.