You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Update DVR Software

eznoh
eznoh Posts: 42 Contributor

Apparently the DVR software never gets updated, I have had the same problems since I started. Do I have to take the DVR to a Spectrum store to get updates?

Mike

Best Answer

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor
    edited November 2020

Hi Mike,

We need a description of the specific types of problems that you are having with your DVR in order to go further. Most problems fall into the following categories:

1.) Pixilating channels, loss of picture and sound, poor reception, missed recordings, On Demand works sporadically - Almost never a box problem. These issues would relate to problems with your signals, cable wiring inside or outside the home, aging outside cable lines, animal chews. Swapped boxes will never fix this. You would need a tech call to check your signals and drop line inside and outside the home,

2.) DVR reboots constantly - makes a humming or loud spinning noise, won't boot at all- Bad box. Exchange the box.

Feature updates are rare, and are only done about twice a year, usually overnight between 12am-5am on Tuesday mornings.

• eznoh
    eznoh Posts: 42 Contributor
    1. Delete all recordings seldom works, I have to go in and delete each individually and even then they sometimes re-appear.
    2. Missed recordings
    3. Often displays a message about "higher resolution" being available when it is not.
    4. Recordings will have no sound

Mike

This discussion has been closed.