You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Pause Live TV Please!

JoelR
JoelR Posts: 1 Newcomer

Anyone else unable to pause live TV using the AppleTV app? Seems an odd feature to omit given the rest of the services out there provide. Other than that, experience is pretty solid.

Answers

• karlbeckman
    karlbeckman Posts: 2,285 Contributor

Pausing a live broacast in progress is not like stopping a DVR and resuming. Just try telling ESPN and the NFL or NBA that you want to halt a game in progress! To do so would require a separate dedicatesd feed for every cable customer. Ain't gonna happen until everyone pays for theiir own cloud-based DVR !

• steveymacjr
    steveymacjr Posts: 35 Contributor

I concur! I want to be able to pause live tv as well... All of the other live streaming providers have the ability to pause live tv.. the lack of this feature was the main reason i canceled my Spectrum Tv service(i went with the Apple TV only plan), the other was the $17 charge for locals(ugh)..

anyway, please add the ability to pause live tv!!!!!

• Hnunes
    Hnunes Posts: 1 Newcomer

I agree! They don't offer regular DVR boxes in our location and we cannot pause and rewind live TV. Furthermore, the chat rep. doesn't seem to understand what I'm asking for when inquiring about pausing and rewinding live TV.

PLEASE ADD THIS TO CLOUD DVRs.

• flavon_54
    flavon_54 Posts: 2 Spectator

That is not true Karl. I’ve had PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV on my Apple TV it was possible to pause live TV then catch back up or go back to watch a scene again Streaming is NOT the same as cable TV.

This feature should be able to be added to this service for the price we have to pay.

Considering going back to YouTube TV if this feature is not added soon

• flavon_54
    flavon_54 Posts: 2 Spectator

JVJ, thanks for that information concerning the different platforms. Sounds to me like Spectrum got nervous losing cable customers and just threw together a streaming service to try and keep customers. It shows too!

Another feature the other services have that Spectrum lacks is PIP. With YouTube TV you could have four different pictures running at the same time.

I’m really disappointed in this service.

They don’t care!

This discussion has been closed.