You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

If Spectrum Call Guard is Not Working, but is Activated in "My Account," Call Spectrum

Satch
Satch Posts: 5,304 Contributor

Important Community Information Regarding Spectrum Call Guard:

If you have Spectrum Voice Service (Landline Phone) and your Call Guard is not working, even if you have turned on the features in "My Account," please call Spectrum Customer Care and say, "My Call Guard features are activated online, but Call Guard is not working."

Just got a report from a customer that he activated Spectrum Call Guard online, the two main features of Call Blocking and the Spam Risk activation and he was still getting tons of Spam and Robo Calls. He called Spectrum and said that he activated his Call Guard online and it was not working, A CSR rep looked at his phone services and found that EVERY ONE OF HIS CALL BLOCKING SERVICES WAS TURNED OFF ON HIS ACCOUNT, EVEN THOUGH IT SHOWED THAT THEY WERE ACTIVATED ONLINE!

Therefore, if your Call Guard is turned on in "My Account" but you are still getting spam/robocalls ringing through, please call Spectrum Customer Care to let them know that Call Guard is not working, After the customer did this, his Robocalls, and telemarketer calls stopped. Have the CSR check to make sure your phone blocking services are really activated.

Satch

Best Answer

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

Hey Satch. Thanks for the update from whomever you spoke with. It never hurts to call in to have an agent verify services are activated... especially if it isn't acting like it should! It is an extra step customers shouldn't have to make but if someone is suspicious that their services aren't performing as they should, always feel free to call in and even bring the issues to the community. I appreciate you mentioning this specific situation in the community as it has come up a couple of times.

Have a fantastic evening everyone!

Randy

Answers

• Fisherman
    Fisherman Posts: 130 Contributor

My CG is activated and working (I get a few calls daily marked Spam Risk), but lately I have been getting bombarded with calls from my local prefix (714-527) from India-based "Amazon Charge Alert" scammers spoofing various disconnected (and in a few cases, legitimate) phone numbers.in my local prefix.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Just today I got 11, which is the record so far.

CG is unable to deal with these, and neither is Nomorobo.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,304 Contributor

Hello Fisherman,

Report these numbers as best you can to the Spectrum Spam report page:

If they don't stop within a few days, call Spectrum and report this to them. When you call Spectrum, give them that prefix information and the bogus "Amazon Charge Alert" pop-up information. Have them look at your account to make sure that all types of call blocking are activated.

Satch

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 140 Contributor
    edited April 2021

Satch:

I posted this over at DSL Reports but wanted to share it here too. Called in as suggested, CSR said Call Guard was fully enabled on Spectrum's end but turned it off and back on to see if that makes any difference.. Time will tell.

Call Log often shows multiple listing of a blocked call all with the same date and time. I have 14 listings on 4/24/21 at 7:55 PM for (561) 231-7009 which was confirmed by NomoRobo as a known problem caller.

This discussion has been closed.