You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

DVR not showing in app - Solved

TechNut79
TechNut79 Posts: 5 Participant

Hello,

This problem has been ongoing for the better part of a year, but I've been too lazy to deal with it until now. To start at the beginning, I had an issue with our DVR, so it was taken to the local store and exchanged out. I believe somehow the id, or however it's identified, was mis-entered into the system so it doesn't show up in the app. I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I've tried calling support, but they keep telling me that everything looks fine in the system and nothing can be changed. I really don't want a tech to have to come out for an app issue. Thanks in advance for any help someone here can give me.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Anthony_V
    Anthony_V Posts: 76 Spectrum Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello and Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using the email address you had signed up with and currently the Cable box / Guide type that is being used on it is not able to be managed via the Spectrum TV app. You should still be able to set recordings using the Guide on the Spectrum TV app though the Manage DVR section / feature of the app will not work as intended. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Answers

• TechNut79

Thank you, Anthony! So since we only have that box, there's no way to watch recorded shows on any other TV in the house? And why does the DVR try to record shows after a copy of that show is already on the DVR? It's just annoying to have to delete all of the duplicates.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,573 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 2021

So since we only have that box, there's no way to watch recorded shows on any other TV in the house?

Correct, you are not able to access DVR content using the app. You can access On Demand content and most content is available On Demand either through the Spectrum App or the individual network apps.

And why does the DVR try to record shows after a copy of that show is already on the DVR? 

Does this happen with all recordings or just certain recordings? Can you provide examples and /or screen shots?

• TechNut79
    edited May 2021

I only notice it on The Walking Dead shows, all 3 of them. Pictures attached.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hello! In regard to the recording the same show multiple times, on "Manage Recording" for the series did you make sure to select to record only new shows?

Randy

• TechNut79

I'm not 100% sure how to do that now that they've been set to record. They were set awhile ago. I believe only new shows was set at the beginning.

• James_M

Under View Series Info - you will see the options record all episodes or only new episodes.

• TechNut79

Thank you! That worked!

• James_M

You're welcome, happy we could assist!

This discussion has been closed.