You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

The new feature "Call Guard" does not block the calls that nomorobo use to? You still get calls!!

Jarhead
Jarhead Posts: 2 Spectator

Nomorobo blocked so many calls, and you could add numbers as needed. Call guard only blocks the 25 your allowed by Spectrum. Why change from something that was working so well? Nomorobo, only allowed the scam calls to ring one time, now all the calls come through as normal 4-6 ring calls and they leave a message. It may read scam call, but the phone still rings and they always call back everyday. There seems to be no blocking of calls at all? Again, why change. something that worked so well?

Answers

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @Jarhead and welcome to the Spectrum Community. Have you logged into your account online to check your settings to make sure the Call Guard feature is turned on? If it is on, could you try to toggle off and then back on to see if that changes anything?

Paul B.

• Jarhead
    Jarhead Posts: 2 Spectator

Spectrum only allows 25 numbers to be blocked, we get that many in one day now that they discontinued Nomorobo and went with call block that does not block a single call. All the calls ring 4-6 times with known scam caller ID's, Nomomrobo blocked all them once you let them know, then only one ring. Spectrum really blew this one in the time of so many robo calls, in the millions every day. I guess they are trying to save money, so go with a lesser quality company.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor
    edited May 2021

Hello @Jarhead ,

Call Guard has an infinite number of blocking options, and has nothing to do with the manual Call Blocking setting. Call Blocking allows you to turn on Call Block and allow up to 25 numbers of your choice to block.

First, I would try Paul's suggestion. Turn Call Guard off and than back on to see if that changes anything. Make sure that when you turn Call Guard back on that you have also turned on Anonymous Call Rejection, and any other call blocking options in Voice Zone settings. Save changes.

If you are still getting Spam and Robocalls with Call Guard and Spam Risk activated, Call Spectrum. Let Spectrum know that you have Call Guard turned on in "My Account," but it is not working. We have customers who have had Call Guard turned on in their accounts, only to call Spectrum and have Spectrum discover that all Call Guard and call blocking features were turned off! The CSR will be sure to activate Call Guard over the phone for you.

Satch

• MaryD
    MaryD Posts: 3 Spectator

I am really fed up with Call Guard. I'm getting anywhere from 8-12 spam calls per day! I believe I have it configured correctly based on everything I've read.

The procedure to report a spam call is SO cumbersome. I cannot take the time to submit each and every number.

Things used to be so much easier with NoMoRobo.

• Satch

Hi Mary,

You need to call Spectrum and say that your Call Guard is not working, despite everything configured on-line correctly. As stated above, some customers have Call Guard turned on online, or so they thought, only to call Spectrum, finding out that all call blocking features were turned off. Have Spectrum check the Call Blocking (Voice Settings) over the phone to make sure that Call Guard and the other call blocking features are activated.

Satch

• Satch

Everyone,

Please see this thread here to learn how to combine Spectrum Call Guard with Nomorobo for the best Robocall/Telemarketer blocking experience

https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/169227/yes-you-can-still-use-nomorobo-with-spectrum-call-guard#latest

Satch:

This discussion has been closed.