You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why is my Spectrum Wi-Fi Calling not connecting when my wi-fi signal is "Excellent"?

dw3000
dw3000 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited September 2022 in Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present

My wife and I switched to Spectrum Mobile before moving to a new house with weak cell service, partially because the Spectrum coverage map showed 5G service for the area (a stretch...) but mostly because of the Wi-Fi calling support.

We have Wi-Fi Calling turned on (and I also have my "Roaming preference" set to Wi-Fi over Mobile) and yet Wi-Fi calling almost never connects even though our Wi-Fi signal is "Excellent" and our mobile network connection is consistently one bar.

Answers

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

Sorry this is happening! Welcome to the community!!!

What type of phone are you using? Do you see any difference when you turn Roaming to off?

What other steps have you taken if any? Power Cycle of the phone / router?

Julia _R

• dw3000
    dw3000 Posts: 2 Spectator

I have a Pixel 5 and my wife has an iPhone 12.

No difference between Roaming on or off. Power cycling the phone(s) and/or modem and router doesn't seem to make a difference either.

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

It sounds like we may want to start by troubleshooting the Internet connection. Do you notice any issues at all with the connection when you're using it?

This discussion has been closed.