Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why is my Spectrum Wi-Fi Calling not connecting when my wi-fi signal is "Excellent"?

dw3000dw3000 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in Spectrum Mobile Jun 04, 2021

My wife and I switched to Spectrum Mobile before moving to a new house with weak cell service, partially because the Spectrum coverage map showed 5G service for the area (a stretch...) but mostly because of the Wi-Fi calling support.

We have Wi-Fi Calling turned on (and I also have my "Roaming preference" set to Wi-Fi over Mobile) and yet Wi-Fi calling almost never connects even though our Wi-Fi signal is "Excellent" and our mobile network connection is consistently one bar.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,670 Lead Mod
    Jun 06, 2021

Sorry this is happening! Welcome to the community!!!

What type of phone are you using? Do you see any difference when you turn Roaming to off?

What other steps have you taken if any? Power Cycle of the phone / router?

Julia _R

• dw3000dw3000 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Jun 08, 2021

I have a Pixel 5 and my wife has an iPhone 12.

No difference between Roaming on or off. Power cycling the phone(s) and/or modem and router doesn't seem to make a difference either.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 392 MOD
    Jun 11, 2021

It sounds like we may want to start by troubleshooting the Internet connection. Do you notice any issues at all with the connection when you're using it?

This discussion has been closed.