You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can Customers Still Get Paper Statements in the Mail?

Satch
Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Guys,

With Spectrum moving to paperless billing I originally thought it was a good thing. Now, I am thinking where this could backfire. What if the head of household on the account had some emergency situation and could not pay? In the past, the residence would get a paper statement and someone else in the family could send a check. But since this is no longer done by default, it forces a reliance on not only a reliable Internet connection but the head of household to be reminded through email that billing is due. It becomes easier to forget, and you aren't going to have the visual impact of a paper statement anymore. For example head of household has to go to the hospital for long term medical care. The last thing other family members are going to be thinking about is, "Oh I have to check my email to pay my cable bill."

I know about the auto pay options, but that is not relevant here. Some people like to have a statement mailed to them, so that if Internet goes down or there is a problem with the bill, they have it visually in there hands. Now you have to go online and print out your bill. Added steps.

I could see a lot of people upset about this, especially the disabled and elderly.. One more thing, If accounts wind up being delinquent, will billing notices of past due payments be sent by mail? Or will even that require an Internet and email account log in? Yes, you could always call Spectrum. But the fact is, an important communication option is being taken away. I would keep the snail mail statements as an option. Let's expand on this feedback, and if we get enough similar input, send this thread to Spectrum Billing.

Satch

Best Answer

Answers

• MarionRuby1940
    MarionRuby1940 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Please send my monthly bills by US mail

• catchtwentytwo
    catchtwentytwo Posts: 140 Contributor

This URL was posted on DSL Reports' Spectrum Forum Spectrum.net Paperless . Once I signed on to my account there's a link to Enroll in Paperless Billing. When I clicked on it it shows that I'm not enrolled in Paperless . Since Spectrum's regions (we're in CT) often have different features available on line, suggest that others try it and let us know. if it helps.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@MarionRuby1940

You can select your billing preference by logging onto your My Account. If you need assistance or have additional questions, please let us know.

• 18talk4me
    18talk4me Posts: 1 Newcomer

It seems not many people like paperless introduction. The classical leisure of Spectrum agents is legendary. I've tried several time to get an answer , even through your "chat with us" panel but it is a joke since nobody is there to "chat" but simply ask questions that they never answer. I do not want "paperless" since we cannot rely on the Internet alone. It might be convenient for Spectrum to save paper and workers . It seems a joke Spectrum's service .

This discussion has been closed.