You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Issue with Apple TV startup channel

Captain601
Captain601 Posts: 3 Spectator

App version 2.24

for some reason the startup channel always reverts to channel 1 and not the previous channel viewed. Startup channel in preferences is set to off.

has always started up with the previous channel viewed but now always goes to channel 1. Any help appreciated

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Update:

The Spectrum TV app was updated on January 11th, to version 2.25 for Apple TV and 8.41 for all other Apple devices, and the issue impacting the Start Up channel has been addressed in this update. This post has been closed, if you are still experiencing an issue after reinstalling the app, please start a new post.

Thanks for your patience!

Answers

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Welcome to the Spectrum Community, @Captain601 !

If you go to your settings on the Apple TV app and then select "Startup Channel" you should be able to set that channel there. You would need to do that for each device you use the app on so if you did it on your phone, you would also need to do that on your iPad (or whatever other devices you are using).

So glad you popped in,

Randy

• Captain601
    edited December 2021

No that isn’t the answer. As I said, I don’t want a specific channel, I want it to startup on the last viewed channel. With this recent update that doesn’t happen, as it always goes to channel 1 when restarting. Unlike previously it would go to last viewed channel upon startup. It’s almost as if no one beta tested the app before pushing it out.

and as I stated, this is for the Apple TV app, not iPad or any other device.

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hello @Captain601.

I apologize for the confusion and issue you're having with the start up channel. We are aware of this issue with Apple TV devices and our network teams are working to have this issue corrected as quickly as possible. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

• Hornsfan
    Hornsfan Posts: 1 Newcomer

Actually, even setting a start up channel doesn’t work. It’s always channel 1 and super annoying.

• Kerriw
    Kerriw Posts: 44 Contributor
    edited January 2022

Still waiting for this to be fixed. I have contacted Spectrum about this several times and they have no idea when it will be fixed. One supervisor said it won't be months, but it is looking to be months as it's already been over 2 weeks. How long does it take to fix a software problem like this? Does anyone know?

If anyone is trying to get it to start on a different channel try arranging the channel guide alphabetically if you have it set to sorting by channel number and you can also block channels to get it to start on the next unblocked channel on the channel guide. That is what I did to avoid it starting on A&E .

• James_M

Hi @Kerriw,

Fixes for app issues are deployed in app updates, please look for a future update that will address this issue. Unfortunately, there is not a timeline available. We appreciate your patience.

• Kerriw

James M.,

Yes, I was told that by tech support. I also was assured this would be done asap. These two statements seem to be contradictory as the updates are not done that often…

• Steve_h
    Steve_h Posts: 1 Newcomer

Any update on this? no matter whether startup channel is set or not, it goes back to spectrum news channel. Even if you just accidentally leave the app and come back, which is even more frustrating with how sensitive the touchpad on the remote is.

• Captain601

No update yet. You have to wonder how something as simple as this is not verified before they sent out the last update. And why it takes so long to fix. Customer service is very low priority for cable companies.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

We do continue to apologize for the ongoing frustration. All feedback has been passed along and we do not have an ETA on this as of yet. Keep an eye out for app updates and hopefully one of the versions on the horizon will have that added back in.

Randy

• Kerriw

There was an app update yesterday and it is partially fixed. Yay! It is now starting on whatever channel was last viewed. Being able to pick to pick your own start up channel is still unavailable, however. Well, you can pick it, but it won't work yet.

• James_M

Update:

The Spectrum TV app was updated on January 11th, to version 2.25 for Apple TV and 8.41 for all other Apple devices, and the issue impacting the Start Up channel has been addressed in this update. This post has been closed, if you are still experiencing an issue after reinstalling the app, please start a new post.

Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.