You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Playback problems on cDVR for Roku

Dcamarra
Dcamarra Posts: 17 Participant

Sometimes i get a message "something didn't work right try again latter". But later never happens because the program will never play. Also in the middle of a program the same thing happens. When it happens in the middle it buffers first.

I'm streaming thru Roku ultra. I just switched from a dvr and now I'm regretting it. I love the picture quality of the Roku and love being able to watch my dvr from my computers but if i cant watch my programs what is the point.

Is there a solution to this problem? Racing will start soon and if this happens with a race that i have recorded i will have no choice but to go back to the dvr set top box

Best Answer

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @Dcamarra,

Start with a cold reboot of the Roku, your modem, and if applicable, your wireless router, one at a time.. If that doesn't work, or the problem comes back, see the following

The message "Something didn't work right, try again later" when it repeats like that is an indicator of a signal problem or drop line problem. Bad weather, aging wiring, animal chews, all cause these kinds of issues. Along with pixilation and "Channel Not Available" issues.

You will need to contract Spectrum for a signal and drop line test to correct this issue with Cloud DVR. Note that if a STB DVR did the same thing, the same advice would apply. Get a tech out to your home. Tell him that you have done all the reboot troubleshooting.

Satch

Answers

• Binkster
    Binkster Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the exact same problem. Streaming recorded programs using the spectrum app on my smartphone which is on the same Wi-Fi network that my Roku is connected to works just fine with no issues. I suspect this is a Spectrum / Roku incompatibility issue.

This discussion has been closed.