You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can't manage devices on app? (pause and unpause)

Choran
Choran Posts: 1 Newcomer

Everytime I get on the my spectrum app and try to manage a device, I click on the device and a totally different device will open.

Best Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

The app was recently updated to version 10.2.0. Please ensure the app is either updated, or you can delete and reinstall the app to ensure the most recent version is in use. If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know.

Answers

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Choran

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties with the app. Have you rebooted any of the equipment recently?

• oogies
    oogies Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm having the same problem. From reviews for the app in the play store, so are a lot of other people. Nothing has changed except the app update on the 25th. Worked fine before then

• FrustratedMember
    FrustratedMember Posts: 1 Newcomer

Having the same problem, I've reset both modem and router, uninstalled/reinstalled app and still can't manage my devices. Went on the app chat, and after waiting over 20 minutes for agent to get to me they tell me I'm connected to a mobile account chat not internet app..uhhggg..so frustrated with this company.

• anthonyjackson30
    anthonyjackson30 Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited February 2022

I'm having the same issue. Is anyone from Spectrum going to answer this thread with a solution?

• PIN09876
    PIN09876 Posts: 1 Newcomer

They're not going to answer it here. They know there's an issue and not saying anything about it. People are leaving bad reviews about the app and all Specturm is doing is telling people to come here and there is nothing here. They need to address the issue and tell their customers they are working on it instead of jerking us around. Our connected devices are all messed up right now because we can't access them.

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Just to follow up on the issue affecting device management, we are aware of this issue and this is scheduled to be corrected with the next app update.

• Mykelalex078
    Mykelalex078 Posts: 2 Spectator

The app will not allow me to manage devices on my internet. I click on one device and it sends me to another device. Trying to unpause a device but it takes me to a device that's I'm not trying to work with

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Good morning and welcome to the forums @Mykelalex078.

Is the device you are trying to unpause a newly added (or traded out) device? Have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

We are here to help.

Randy

• Mykelalex078

It's old and has been on account since Christmas. I've Uninstaller and reinstalled app. If I click on one device and takes me to another device.

• Maxallowed
    Maxallowed Posts: 1 Newcomer

When is the new app update coming? I keep getting my review deleted from the play store... I would love to be able to use the app since it costs so much for this internet...

• Yippee
    Yippee Posts: 2 Newcomer

Did this get resolved?! I have not been able to unpause my devices and it's so frustrating. I click on the device and it takes me to another device. What is going on?!

• Yippee
    Yippee Posts: 2 Newcomer

Is there a way to unpause all devices so I can at least use it?!? Everytime I click on 1 device it takes me to another! I just need to be able to use my devices please. Uninstalling the app doesn't do anything.

• anthonyjackson30
    anthonyjackson30 Posts: 2 Newcomer

Spectrum, thanks for the reply. When should customers expect the new updates? I may need to find another router, and internet service maybe, if the wait time is much longer.

• Mykelalex078

No it hasn't been resolved. It's killing me because now I can't keep kids off at certain times.

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hello.

I definitely understand the frustration. We apologize for the device management issue with the app. Our app team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. Please look for an update in the near future that will address this issue.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

The app was recently updated to version 10.2.0. Please ensure the app is either updated, or you can delete and reinstall the app to ensure the most recent version is in use. If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.