You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for the account below.

biochemguy
biochemguy Posts: 4 Spectator

I have had the same "Charter" email for over 20 years. Suddenly last night it stopped sending and receiving and the error message above displays on my Samsung S20+. My home pc wants me to sign in as well, but does not connect to this email.

I have two email addresses with Spectrum. Both have the same settings, but only one functions. Ideas? I have talked to Spectrum and they don't have an answer.

Answers

• Anthony_V
    Anthony_V Posts: 76 Spectrum Employee

Hello and welcome to the Community!

With the email address in question are you able to sign in and access the email account at webmail.spectrum.net ?

• Anthony
  • biochemguy

No luck. Bank account hacked last week. Don't know if they are related somehow.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Do you get an error when you sign in at webmail.spectrum.net? Have you tried resetting your password?

• biochemguy

i can't login in no matter what. I believe my old email acccount is gone forever. The real bummer is there was no warning at all. The positive is that my email has been pawned so many times that I recieved about 500 spam messages a week. I recently had a fraud occurrence with my bank account, so all things considered it may be for the best.

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

That's definitely frustrating for sure but we do want to make sure you're able to access your email accounts. Do you receive an error message or code if you click on Forgot Email Password under https://self-care.portals.spectrum.net/password-reset and enter your email address and modem MAC address?

• biochemguy

I have another charter email account I set up when I moved to my new house 3 years ago. I am using that now. It's unfortunate because I had many important subfolders that were lost.

• Valleycat_7
    Valleycat_7 Posts: 1 Newcomer

At the same time, I started receiving this same error message. Is there a resolution yet?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,607 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@Valleycat_7

Hi and welcome! While issues may appear similar, they are typically individual issues. If you still need assistance with an email issue, we encourage you to start a new post and include the specific error message as well as troubleshooting completed. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.