You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do we remove our IP address from Charter's Block List?

ClydeVA
ClydeVA Posts: 1 Newcomer

Our Home Owner Association (HOA) has been sending emails to me over the past few years. However, from time to time, Charter blocks email sent to my charter email account, so I can't receive my account statement or news about what's happening in my community. How do we fix this? Who do we call or write to resolve this immediately? The error code shown on bounced messages is: >: host mx0.charter.net refused to talk to me: 554 impin016.msg.chrl.nc.charter.net cmsmtp 104.254.246.149 blocked.

Please see  https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#In-1000

Unfortunately, the link above says NOTHING about why the email was blocked or how to fix it.

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,029 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @ClydeVA ! Welcome to our community.

The 1000 error means the IP address of the sender was blocked due to suspicious activity. It appears the IP 104.254.246.149 is on the UCEPROTECT blacklist at level 3 which is an issue with the service provider, not necessarily the user of that specific IP. IPs are automatically removed from this blacklist 7 days from the last reported spam. As it is not your IP that is blocked it is not something you or we can fix, the sender will need to contact their service provider for assistance.

This discussion has been closed.