You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

I can't find a way to schedule a recording using a date start-stop time and channel on Cloud DVR

The_Way_I_See_It
The_Way_I_See_It Posts: 32 Contributor
edited September 2023 in Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present

The Cloud DVR appears to me to have a significant limitation where I cannot find a way to schedule a recording using a date / start-stop time or length and channel. There are times when I need schedule a recording of a program and the title for the program is not available in the guide or somehow it title name changes for example a sporting event gets rained out and is rescheduled for the next day sometime like today’s nascar race where the conclusion is rescheduled to tomorrow beginning at 12:00 pm on ch 75 FS1. I have tried to select the current item in the guide for the timeframe with limited success.. Issues like the time frame being different or the title is updated and does not match my selection make it difficult. If I could just enter a date / start-stop time or length and channel like on a conventional DVR it would be much easier. If there is a way please help me. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee
    Answer ✓

Thank you for that information. We can definitely submit this feedback regarding your request to record if the show/event is moved to another date.

• The_Way_I_See_It
    Answer ✓

Thank You.

Answers

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hi @The_Way_I_See_It .

I know exactly what you mean especially with live sports events that may change times or get rescheduled. Right now the Cloud DVR does only allow for single event or series recordings. So yes, if the Guide isn't updated with the new time or channel for that event you aren't able to schedule it to record by title. The series recording option does let you adjust the start and end times to record up to 30 minutes after the original times.

• The_Way_I_See_It

Actually it lets you adjust up to 2 hours but that doesn't help if the event changes to a different day. Is there a way to summit a recommendation for a feature addition to the CDVR to allow a limited Date / Time channel scheduling for events? In the Fitbit community a contributor can submit a recommendation and other contributors can comment. With enough support they actually make changes the users want. I am a retired IT person. I built my first computer in the 1970s. I retired as the Director for Technology for a large organization.The technology to accomplish adding this capability is doable and would make the CDVR a better product. I suspect Spectrum is having some other technology issues with the CDVR but this would be a very good enhancements.

This discussion has been closed.