You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cloud DVR not showing up on Apple 4k TV

SMN222
SMN222 Posts: 4 Spectator

Hi, just got a new Apple TV 4K and just downloaded spectrum app and app working fine. Added cloud DVR to my service package and it is not showing any DVR options (playback under library or record from guide) on the Apple TV app. My iphone spectrum app showing DVR options. but not on Apple TV. I deleted app and reinstalled, logged out and nothing.. anybody else have issue?

Answers

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hi @SMN222! Welcome to the Community.

It can take up to 24 hours for app data to fully load. Was the Cloud DVR service added today? You can also try rebooting your modem and router as well. This can sometimes speed up the process.

-Heather

• SMN222
    edited May 2022

I ordered the service on Sunday and now 48 hours later.. rebooted the router, deleted the spectrum app and reinstalled and still no dvr options....

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,029 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Will you please reboot the modem as well? Also check to see if your Apple TV has any software updates available.

• Kerriw
    Kerriw Posts: 44 Contributor

In my personal experience the dvr shows up within a few minutes after ordering. I would call customer service and ask them to make sure the order went through. It is not normal for there to be a delay, but you do need to unplug the Apple TV and plug it back in any time a change is made to your Spectrum TV subscription. I have found this to be true 100 percent of the time even if customer service says that is not necessary. Rebooting the modem will not help in my experience., it's the Apple TV that needs to reset- not the modem. And deleting the app and adding it back isn't necessary in my experience.

• SMN222

thanks for the information but tried everything mentioned already (and again) and nothing seems to work.. I reset the apple tv fully and reinstalled all app sand no luck.. i'll call customer service tomorrow i guess.. annoying

• SMN222
    edited May 2022

I figured it out.. had to sign in with different username/ password. I had username that didnt have @chartner.net and that one didnt work.. all solved.. thanks for the help

This discussion has been closed.