You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Hide unsubscribed and unwanted channels from guide

leslieh
leslieh Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, I understand how to block adult content. I am interested in hiding unsubscribed and unwanted channels so that I can scroll through the guide without seeing all of the unwanted channels. I understand that I can select favorite channels, and have that group separate from the 'all' group. I have a black remote with TV INPUT ALL at the top.

Answers

• LGT
    LGT Posts: 146 Contributor

You can eliminate channels that you don't subscribe to from the guide, but you cannot just get rid of unwanted channels. To get rid of unsubscribed channels press guide on your remote to bring up the guide and then press guide again to bring up a menu that will have "subscribed" as one of the options. Choosing that will list only subscribed channels on your guide. This works on my box, I don't know if it is different on different boxes. Unfortunately there is no way I have found to get rid of unwanted channels so you are still forced to see all the shopping channels and other useless stuff provided.

It would be nice Spectrum if you did provide an option so the guide shows only wanted channels, Hint Hint.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,079 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @leslieh, welcome to our community! As you mentioned we do offer the ability to mark channels as favorites. Once you have marked a channel as favorite you can change your guide filter to show favorites or only subscribed channels. We would have no other way to know what channels you want to see. You can find information on setting and viewing favorited channels by visiting the Spectrum Guide FAQ

This discussion has been closed.