You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do I upgrade my email address from @adelphia.net?

Bozsin0604
Bozsin0604 Posts: 2 Spectator

Comments

• Bozsin0604
    Bozsin0604 Posts: 2 Spectator

I'm not technical when it comes to this. I have Outlook with an Adelphia.net address. How do I upgrade my address and will I loose all my emails and contacts in Outlook? I assume I'll have to send everyone my new email?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi and welcome!

I started a new post since your question is similar, but different than the one where you posted originally. Some legacy Adelphia customers also have a linked or mirrored email account with the domain "@roadrunner.com", with the same username as the original @adelphia.net email. Passwords should be the same. These emails work by pointing the @adelphia.net email to the @roadrunner.com email.

You can check by either going to selfcare.rr.com or Spectrum webmail and try logging in using yourusername@roadunner.com and your password (the items in bold would be same as what you use for the adelphia.net email). If you see your emails and contacts on your @roadrunner.com email, then you should be pretty much set.

Otherwise, you can set up a new email either through your Spectrum account, or any other email provider. You can then forward emails from the @adelphia.net email to the new email. You can also set up a return message to let the sender know about your new email.

It is a good idea to save your contacts and any important emails before starting this process, as a back up. However, since the @adelphia.net email is still working, then it will continue to work. Please be aware that the @adelphia.net domain is no longer supported, so we are unable to provide any direct assistance for email issues with @adelphia.net. If access to the @adelphia.net email is lost for any reason, we are unable to assist since we no longer have Adelphia email tools available. I like to also point out that our email is a free service associated with an Internet subscription. If you ever cancel internet service, access to the associated email is restricted.

I've also included a couple links including Spectrum Email Troubleshooting and Spectrum Email Reference Guide that you might find helpful.

This discussion has been closed.