You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

When to expect a Netgear Firmware update?

Brocodd24
Brocodd24 Posts: 6 Participant

Does anyone know the latest firmware Spectrum has released for the AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C7000v2). I tried to talk with Spectrum about it and they acted like they don't do updates.

The Netgear Nighthawk app will not work without the router having version 1.03.01.

Best Answer

Answers

• Brocodd24

Thank you! Hopefully, they can test and release the latest version soon to allow Netgear's Nighthawk App functionality.

• Brocodd24

Can you please provide an update to the firmware approval process for Netgear AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C7000v2). It's taking Spectrum way too long to improve their customer's equipment through firmware updates.

The Netgear Nighthawk app will not work without the router having version 1.03.01.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Hello. After checking Netgear site it looks like the supported version is still V1.02.09.

• Brocodd24

Thank you, but I am aware of this. This there any plan to validate any of the other firmwares?

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,611 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@Brocodd24

The previous answer remains current;

According to the Netgear Support, the current firmware version approved for Spectrum is V1.02.09. Our engineers test firmware updates on our network and once they are approved, will automatically update the firmware.

There is no additional information available regarding when or if firmware will be pushed. Netgear will update the link provided when they have information regarding updates.

Thanks!

• Brocodd24

Thank you but this is very disappointing as we cannot use the Nighthawk app without an update. I called Netgear about the firmware because their Nighthawk app will not work with the current firmware. They informed me that the latest firmware that's needed is 1.03.01. They recommended I try to get the Spectrum support team to approve the latest version.

I guess it's time to use a standalone Modem.

• RAIST5150
    RAIST5150 Posts: 918 Contributor

In general, that is usually better in the long run. Not just for the potential better configuration options/control and such... it tends to be much easier to move to newer feature sets that way.

This discussion has been closed.